/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal Volunteers, G3 Moontanning
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 1/6/05 7:29 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal Volunteers, G3 Moontanning (Forrest of B.org)

: I think at this point it's kind of important to point out that there IS a
: prologue included with the scenario, that should probably be looked over
: at the start of any story analysis. It's already well established in the
: prologue that the player is now called Marcus (mostly as a joke) by the
: crew in his future - in fact, the whole setup for why you're in the past
: in the first place is told in that prologue.

We probably ought to do a separate volunteers post on the prologue - it's packed with information. It has been a very long time since I read it and had forgotten a lot of key details, including the "Marcus" nickname for Mark V cyborg. The prologue also significantly helps to tie in Ch 5, but we'll get to that later. Again, we should probably start a separate thread for this, but I find there is a disconnect between the Hathor in the Prologue and the one we meet in gameplay. We quickly come to realize that she is evil in the game, but without explanation. I know we pick up a lot on her later on, but something seems to be missing at this stage of the game. Perhaps it would help if there were a hint of Hathor's intentions in the prologue - sort of like Durandal's chuckle in the prologue in the M1 manual.

: That's why there's Troopers right in front of those rooms; the last thing you
: kill before you need to shoot the swithces should have been a Trooper, so
: you should always have ammo for them.

Yeah, I know, and it's probably not so important now, but in earlier incarnations when the monsters could roam freely, I sometimes found myself faced with being chased by hunters after I'd killed those troopers and ended up using their ammo to kill the hunters instead. The only way to proceed then was to find another trooper to kill and hope I didn't die trying.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal Volunteers, G3 Moontanningblake37 1/6/05 1:18 p.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers, G3 MoontanningAdam Ashwell 1/6/05 1:39 p.m.
           Re: Eternal Volunteers, G3 Moontanningblake37 1/6/05 1:53 p.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers, G3 MoontanningSteve Levinson 1/6/05 2:11 p.m.
           Re: Eternal Volunteers, G3 MoontanningForrest of B.org 1/6/05 2:48 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal Volunteers, G3 Moontanningblake37 1/6/05 3:14 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal Volunteers, G3 MoontanningSteve Levinson 1/6/05 7:29 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal Volunteers, G3 MoontanningForrest of B.org 1/6/05 8:38 p.m.
           Re: Eternal Volunteers, G3 Moontanningblake37 1/6/05 3:13 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal Volunteers, G3 MoontanningYossarian 1/6/05 4:16 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal Volunteers, G3 Moontanningblake37 1/6/05 4:55 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal Volunteers, G3 MoontanningSteve Levinson 1/6/05 7:19 p.m.
                             Re: Eternal Volunteers, G3 Moontanningblake37 1/7/05 10:24 a.m.
                                   Re: Eternal Volunteers, G3 MoontanningForrest of B.org 1/7/05 11:01 a.m.
                                         Re: Eternal Volunteers, G3 MoontanningForrest of B.org 1/7/05 11:12 a.m.
                                               Re: Eternal Volunteers, G3 Moontanningblake37 1/7/05 1:20 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal Volunteers, G3 MoontanningD-M.A. 1/8/05 1:15 a.m.
                             Re: Eternal Volunteers, G3 Moontanningblake37 1/8/05 3:45 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.