/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 1/2/05 2:38 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal? (Steve Levinson)

: Regarding the regenerating monsters, there are two
: earlier levels where they are also a problem - the core destruction levels
: of Ch1. It is particularly bad when trying to destroy Tycho's core - I
: find that on TC there is just no way I can ride that platform up to jump
: across and destroy his circuits - the monsters knock me off the platform
: every time. The only way to beat the level on TC is to fire trooper
: grenades up at the circuits from the floor.

I don't want to turn this into a Volunteer Series, but let me chime in with a few comments. Steve, I don't bother with the central platform. I just do as you suggest. I shoot the circuits with Trooper grenades. I know the enemies regenerate in rather large clusters, but I really have never had a problem finishing that level. Are you playing the Mk V version of this level? The Compiler bolts in Mk V are not guided. That helps somewhat. But as I said, I don't use the platform anyway.

As for Core Done Blew, have you played the Mk V version of that level Steve? It's much easier than previous versions. I played it a few days ago and had no problems at all. The crucial platforms move much faster than they used to and again the Compiler bolts are no longer guided. Of course, the enemies near the PB do still come in large clusters, but again I had no problems completing the level.....compared to earlier versions that is.

: I realize that in Ch5 you
: aren't supposed to defeat the enemies, but there is one point early on
: where you need to read a terminal to exit the level, all the while while
: being attacked. There is no way to read that terminal and survive.

Steve, which level are you referring to? I have played through Ch 5 and don't recall having that situation arise.

: And the final dream level also has regenerating monsters and it's in
: vacuum. No matter how hard I tried I always ended up running out of O2
: before finding the exit.

I have already mentioned to Forrest that an O2 canister somewhere along the pathway needs to be included. I did manage to finish that level on TC without cheating, but it was really close. I BARELY had any O2 when I jumped into the void.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Volunteer Series for Eternal?sd 12/24/04 1:28 p.m.
     Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?Elliott 12/26/04 8:55 a.m.
     Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?Forrest of B.org 1/2/05 12:42 a.m.
           Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?Steve Levinson 1/2/05 6:16 a.m.
                 Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?Forrest of B.org 1/2/05 12:54 p.m.
                       Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?Steve Levinson 1/2/05 1:36 p.m.
                             Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?Dr. John Sumner 1/2/05 2:38 p.m.
                             Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?blake37 1/2/05 3:30 p.m.
                                   Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?Forrest of B.org 1/2/05 4:38 p.m.
                                         Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?Luke9 1/2/05 6:17 p.m.
                                               Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?Forrest of B.org 1/2/05 7:36 p.m.
                             Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?Forrest of B.org 1/2/05 4:55 p.m.
                             Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?Andrew Nagy 1/3/05 10:41 a.m.
                                   OpenGL windowed mode? How do you do that? *NM*Steve Levinson 1/3/05 12:00 p.m.
                                         Re: OpenGL windowed mode? How do you do that?Johannes Gunnar 1/3/05 12:15 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.