/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejection
Posted By: EnkiduDate: 9/21/04 1:20 p.m.

In Response To: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejection (Craig Hardgrove)

My analysis of their analysis of your remix is that they've misnamed their site, assuming I've interpreted the jargon correctly. They don't seem to be looking for a remix, they seem to be looking for an entire rescoring of the piece... making an entirely new song that references the source work but is ultimately a separate work in its own.

At least, that's what the words say. I didn't get that from some of their other stuff, notably the excellent remixes from Doom, Outrun, Galaga, and Dig Dug. Maybe they had different judges when those were included. *shrug* Or maybe I'm not listening for the same things they are.

I did hear some break-up in the bass a couple of times in Flowers (and another, which one escapes me at the moment), but put that down to a fault in my speakers and my portable mp3 player... if others are also getting that, presumably in equal or greater quality equipment, it may be something to look at.

Nevertheless, your remixes are damned good. I look forward to hearing the next one.

-- Steve's picked up a keyboard of his own, and is learning how much he's forgotten in the fourteen-odd years since he last touched one. Scales, back to learning scales again... *groan*

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionCraig Hardgrove 9/20/04 6:16 p.m.
     Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionukimalefu 9/20/04 6:47 p.m.
           Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionCraig Hardgrove 9/20/04 7:19 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionD-M.A. 9/20/04 9:51 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionForrest of B.org 9/20/04 11:05 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionD-M.A. 9/20/04 11:21 p.m.
     Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionHolyMcGibblets 9/20/04 7:18 p.m.
           Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionCraig Hardgrove 9/20/04 7:33 p.m.
                 *tips hat* Glad I could help. *NM*HolyMcGibblets 9/20/04 7:35 p.m.
           An outstanding constructive critique *NM*Steve Levinson 9/21/04 8:13 a.m.
     Rejected because it's not an nth Megaman remix :-P *NM*Mista_B 9/20/04 7:22 p.m.
     Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionAndromeda_5[Kilo] 9/21/04 2:41 a.m.
           Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionukimalefu 9/21/04 4:56 a.m.
     Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionCaptain Kewl 9/21/04 12:16 p.m.
     Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionEnkidu 9/21/04 1:20 p.m.
           Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionAfroRyan 9/21/04 3:15 p.m.
     Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionLt Devon 9/21/04 6:19 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.