/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejection
Posted By: Craig HardgroveDate: 9/20/04 7:33 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejection (HolyMcGibblets)

: Reading that forum post, though, they seemed like pricks.

Well... I didn't say it....

Thank you very much for the critiques. I have saved them and made notes to go back and recheck for each of these corrections. I think you have defintely given me material to work with. Some of the problems stem from something I have been aware of and have been trying to correct and that is mixing of the tracks. For some reason, the final mixes sometimes don't come out how I would like, or how I originally laid them out. It takes a lot of tweaking of volumes, pans, and levels and then subsequent exportation of the song to mp3 to determine if the mix of the tracks came out how I intended it. A lot of the songs have this problem and it may result in some of the distortions of the bass notes and overpowering pads in some sections. Other than fixing of those levels though, I think all the other problems you addressed are fresh ideas for me to mull over when finalizing the tracks.

I'm glad you think Landing is the best track... it means that I'm learning something through this whole process.

: In closing, keep it up.

Thank you very much for your help. These sorts of contructive criticisms mixed with supportive comments make me want to keep working and improving. Thanks again!
--Craig

eigenhat.com/marathon

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionCraig Hardgrove 9/20/04 6:16 p.m.
     Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionukimalefu 9/20/04 6:47 p.m.
           Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionCraig Hardgrove 9/20/04 7:19 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionD-M.A. 9/20/04 9:51 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionForrest of B.org 9/20/04 11:05 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionD-M.A. 9/20/04 11:21 p.m.
     Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionHolyMcGibblets 9/20/04 7:18 p.m.
           Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionCraig Hardgrove 9/20/04 7:33 p.m.
                 *tips hat* Glad I could help. *NM*HolyMcGibblets 9/20/04 7:35 p.m.
           An outstanding constructive critique *NM*Steve Levinson 9/21/04 8:13 a.m.
     Rejected because it's not an nth Megaman remix :-P *NM*Mista_B 9/20/04 7:22 p.m.
     Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionAndromeda_5[Kilo] 9/21/04 2:41 a.m.
           Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionukimalefu 9/21/04 4:56 a.m.
     Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionCaptain Kewl 9/21/04 12:16 p.m.
     Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionEnkidu 9/21/04 1:20 p.m.
           Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionAfroRyan 9/21/04 3:15 p.m.
     Re: Marathon Remake 'Leela': Ocremix.org rejectionLt Devon 9/21/04 6:19 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.