/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Most memorable architecture in M2 and Infinity
Posted By: Adam AshwellDate: 9/15/04 1:04 p.m.

In Response To: Most memorable architecture in M2 and Infinity? (Blayne)

: The purpose of this exercise will become clear once WmaiD is finished. For
: the time being, I ask this question of the story forum: What levels (names
: people!), and specific places have stuck in your memory, even years after
: playing Marathon 2 and Infinity?

: The entrance and lava area of "Eat it Vid Boi!" (M2) and the long
: Jjaro hallway leading to the terminal in "Ne Cede Malis" (Minf)
: have stayed with me for years - occasionally appearing in a dream [usually
: unrelated to Marathon].

: I'm curious to know what areas other players remember with awe, specifically
: in M2 levels.

: Thanks all,
: -Blayne

Eat it Vid Boi! sticks with me too. I also remember very well Waterloo Waterpark, the initial area and the view. Then, What About Bob? (again, the beginning), and then, the beginning room of.....ah damnit, I can't remember it. It was one of the water levels right before the S'pht 'Kr came, I think. I also remember Fatum Isustum...uh...I don't remember the rest of the name. But, I think you know what I'm talking about. Then, the, as you said, long hallway leading to the terminal in Ne Cede Malis. Also, there's that hallway with lights on the side once the player opens the two doors (that are one after another) on that level. I will ALWAYS remember A Converted Church In Venice, Italy (the main area). Then, I would have to say....Where Are Monsters In Dreams? had some awesome stuff. Aye Mak Sciur, of course, stays with me always. Its the most inspirational level in Infinity, in my opinion. Hmmm....Hang Brain was one DAMN awesome piece of architecture. I think most people will agree with me there. And.....ack, too much thinking. Son of Grendel and Bagged Again (the area that appears there). And I will never forget that sense of forboding and fear as the starting platform to YTYBTYGDBT (I think saying that acronym took more work than saying the name would've). I guess that pretty much wraps it up. M1 didn't have any great ARCHITECTURE, per se, just great atmostosphere and...well, yoyu know what I mean. Okay, yes, that was a confusing paragraph, don't you think?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Most memorable architecture in M2 and Infinity?Blayne 9/15/04 12:52 p.m.
     Re: Most memorable architecture in M2 and InfinityAdam Ashwell 9/15/04 1:04 p.m.
           Re: Most memorable architecture in M2 and InfinityForrest of B.org 9/15/04 1:24 p.m.
                 Re: Most memorable architecture in M2 and Infinityblake37 9/15/04 1:46 p.m.
                       Re: Most memorable architecture in M2 and InfinityRyokoTK 9/15/04 3:38 p.m.
                             Re: Most memorable architecture in M2 and InfinitySteve Levinson 9/15/04 5:03 p.m.
                                   Re: Most memorable architecture in M2 and InfinityRyokoTK 9/15/04 5:35 p.m.
                                         Re: Most memorable architecture in M2 and InfinitySteve Levinson 9/15/04 6:49 p.m.
                                               Re: Most memorable architecture in M2 and InfinityRyokoTK 9/15/04 7:26 p.m.
                                                     Re: Most memorable architecture in M2 and InfinitySteve Levinson 9/15/04 9:42 p.m.
                                                           You are sooo hardcore Steve. : D *NM*Blayne 9/15/04 9:50 p.m.
                                         Re: Most memorable architecture in M2 and Infinitygoran 9/15/04 11:35 p.m.
                       Re: Most memorable architecture in M2 and Infinitygoran 9/15/04 11:09 p.m.
                             Re: Most memorable architecture in M2 and InfinityMartiNZ 9/15/04 11:19 p.m.
           Re: Most memorable architecture in M2 and InfinityAndrew Nagy 9/16/04 9:59 a.m.
     Re: Most memorable architecture in M2 and InfinityMark Levin 9/16/04 4:14 a.m.
           Re: Most memorable architecture in M2 and InfinitySimon of team Sigma 9/16/04 3:33 p.m.
     Re: Most memorable architecture in M2 and Infinity"Can-ned Food" 9/17/04 4:02 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.