/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF – Maglev Magnum/Public Transit
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 8/22/04 3:56 p.m.

In Response To: Re: PF – Maglev Magnum/Public Transit (mattschenk)

: So, let me
: know which you would prefer: a switch that needs to be activated in the
: maze and monsters guarding it; OR make that area just a bonus area without
: any monsters but something or other to make it worthwhile to explore.

Matt, the first door that the player goes through is controlled by the player and not the enemies. You could create a second door right in front of this one that is controlled by a switch in the maze area. The player would be forced to go to the maze area first before fighting any enemies in the long hallway. You could have a few enemies in the maze, or a secret, or both, and structure it so that the player must encounter those enemies. You wouldn't want the switch in the maze to control the existing door since opening that door from the switch would allow the enemies in that long hallway to wander all over the level while the player is in the maze. That would be one way to use the maze and not compromise the train idea.

: If not, try opening the door to the last car, activating the enemies, then
: close the door and keep it closed. When they KILL eachother go in, if any
: troopers remain destroy them. If any hunters remain, stand still for a
: while without attacking them. Hmmmm.... something doesn't seem right with
: these aliens....

Ok I can now see that they are friends with the player. However, in my experience these Hunters aren't really that much help on TC since every time I have played this level, once the initial carnage ends in the room, the Hunters are always dead and several Troopers are still alive. Or am I missing your point?

: Well, my time alloted to the computer has greatly diminished as I have to
: start packing to go back home and then to school. I'm trying to keep a
: list of things to fix and consider, but it may be some time before I can
: get to actually working on them.
: -matt

Good luck in school Matt. I start back to teaching a week from Monday, so my vacation has just about come to an end. But I will always find time for Marathon.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF – Maglev Magnum/Public TransitSteve Levinson 8/21/04 10:06 p.m.
     Re: PF – Maglev Magnum/Public TransitDr. John Sumner 8/22/04 12:45 a.m.
           Re: PF – Maglev Magnum/Public TransitDr. John Sumner 8/22/04 12:58 a.m.
                 Re: PF – Maglev Magnum/Public TransitCheerful 8/22/04 11:41 a.m.
                       Re: PF – Maglev Magnum/Public Transitmattschenk 8/22/04 2:52 p.m.
                             Re: PF – Maglev Magnum/Public TransitDr. John Sumner 8/22/04 3:56 p.m.
                             Re: PF – Maglev Magnum/Public TransitSteve Levinson 8/22/04 5:42 p.m.
                                   Re: PF – Maglev Magnum/Public TransitMista_B 8/22/04 6:16 p.m.
                                         Re: PF – Maglev Magnum/Public TransitSteve Levinson 8/22/04 7:22 p.m.
                                   Re: PF – Maglev Magnum/Public Transitmattschenk 8/22/04 6:26 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.