/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and Durand
Posted By: YossarianDate: 7/29/04 4:20 p.m.

In Response To: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and Durandal (Jager)

Very interesting interpretation; for me it brings two things to mind:

1. The first being Durandal's rambling terminal on The Rose:

"i did it i did it i brought all this here all them here..."

Which occurs some three levels after the Gherrit White terminal. Take this as you may; it doesn't seem as though Durandal was in the mindset to display the Gherrit White term unless it was indeed written before he was damaged, though there is precedence for the AI's leaving prepared messages while being incapicitated, recall Leela's message on Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!.

2. The Gherrit White terminal itself was written in 3rd person past, whereas Melissa's recollections are in the 1st person present. All this comes down to is that if your interpretation is valid, then the author of the GWT would have had a lot of time and freedom to recall and analyze this person's life in order to add the degree of style and detail we see in the terminal.

I'm not trying to prove or disprove, just wanted to throw some ideas out. It's always fun coming back to the GWT...

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandalJager 7/29/04 3:18 p.m.
     Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandYossarian 7/29/04 4:20 p.m.
           Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandCheerful 7/29/04 4:46 p.m.
     Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and Durand•M 7/29/04 8:30 p.m.
           Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandJäger 7/29/04 8:55 p.m.
                 Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandBoomer 7/30/04 1:02 a.m.
                       Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandJäger 7/30/04 10:33 a.m.
                       Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandEnkidu 7/30/04 7:10 p.m.
           Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandForrest of B.org 7/29/04 9:05 p.m.
                 Oh whoa, thanks. I needed a good laugh :DJäger 7/30/04 10:22 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.