/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and Durand
Posted By: JägerDate: 7/29/04 8:55 p.m.

In Response To: Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and Durand (•M)

: Cortana is a different A.I. in HALO because she was the only A.I. based on a
: human, namely Doctor Halsey. Speaking of names, anyone with HAL in it and
: dealing with A.I.'s can't be coincidence, is it?

: (i don't think big enough floppies exist to
: In the very first cutscene of HALO Cortana downloads herself to a 'medium'
: "Yank me" ( a very big floppy?) so MasterChief can upload her.

O:-) oh shut up :P

::laughs:: now that I think about that, doesn't that seem . . . . a little . . . unrealistic? perhaps? hehe. Well, I am trying to argue for Marathon's sake . . . surely their floppies aren't quite as efficient.

And, and we know Cortana was different because she was a "smart" AI, though they supposedly only lasted 7 years. But was she unique in that sense? Being the only AI that was based on a human mind? Maybe I'm forgetting something from the book. But even if I'm wrong in assuming the prevelence of smart AI's all being based on humans, the point I'm trying to make is it could be possibly that Durandal was based on someone. We simply aren't given enough information to make a judgement in the marathon universe, which is ultimately what I'm concerned with here. Either way, its not central to my idea, just speculation to add to the pot.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandalJager 7/29/04 3:18 p.m.
     Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandYossarian 7/29/04 4:20 p.m.
           Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandCheerful 7/29/04 4:46 p.m.
     Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and Durand•M 7/29/04 8:30 p.m.
           Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandJäger 7/29/04 8:55 p.m.
                 Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandBoomer 7/30/04 1:02 a.m.
                       Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandJäger 7/30/04 10:33 a.m.
                       Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandEnkidu 7/30/04 7:10 p.m.
           Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandForrest of B.org 7/29/04 9:05 p.m.
                 Oh whoa, thanks. I needed a good laugh :DJäger 7/30/04 10:22 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.