/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and Durand
Posted By: JägerDate: 7/30/04 10:33 a.m.

In Response To: Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and Durand (Boomer)

: The AIs in Halo are all based on human brains, the reason being that
: "they don't understand how the human mind works, just that it
: works." They can't replicate something they don't understand, so they
: have to clone it.

Okay thank you, that's how I thought it worked. So for me to say Durandal (as well as the other Marathon AI's) very well could have been based on someone's "image or shadow" isn't too far fetched, as far as Bungie Sci Fi's go (and the game ONI as well?).

I really like to think Gheritt White existed. And that he could have been the basis for Durandal. A case where scientists picked the wrong donor? A slightly unstable, melancholy man (think lonely genius) who at first seemed a good pick, but had other stuff hidden deep inside him? We have no idea what "Strauss" did to Durandal, but Durandal considered it abuse. But Durandal is an AI, a tool. If i make toasted bread everyday would my toaster claim abuse? Regardless of the degree of abuse Strauss inflicted upon Durandal (i get the feeling Durandal felt insulted by the work he was given to do), if Gheritt White the human had any slight isntabilities they could be amplified by Durandal. It could cause Durandal to take small things out of proportion (not talking to Tycho for how many years over an argument?).

Just interestinig speculation.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandalJager 7/29/04 3:18 p.m.
     Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandYossarian 7/29/04 4:20 p.m.
           Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandCheerful 7/29/04 4:46 p.m.
     Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and Durand•M 7/29/04 8:30 p.m.
           Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandJäger 7/29/04 8:55 p.m.
                 Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandBoomer 7/30/04 1:02 a.m.
                       Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandJäger 7/30/04 10:33 a.m.
                       Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandEnkidu 7/30/04 7:10 p.m.
           Re: New Interpretation of Gheritt White and DurandForrest of B.org 7/29/04 9:05 p.m.
                 Oh whoa, thanks. I needed a good laugh :DJäger 7/30/04 10:22 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.