/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: RED volunteers: Should we make version1.1
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 4/18/04 11:23 a.m.

In Response To: Re: RED volunteers: Should we make version1.1 (Mark Levin)

: Yes, my list consists mostly of the complaints which received the most
: attention and "seconding" during this Volunteers. We can't have
: this turning into another Rubicon X :P

I concur whole-heartily with both Mark and Steve. We must seek to preserve as much of the original RED as possible. I know we will talk about all of this eventually, but I have a couple of requests that I would like everyone to think about. You do not have to give your opinion on this now, but be thinking about it and give me your feelings once we are done discussing RED. Other than minor tweeking of certain levels (PB's, rechargers, etc...) as already mentioned, I would like to request:

(1) that we allow the player to use their Fists to defeat any enemy. Right now several enemies are immune to Fists. Everyone knows how much I like to use my Fists. So unless it detracts somehow from the RED story (I'm not sure if it does), or unless Ian had strong reasons for making certain enemies immune to Fists, I would like to see that changed, and

(2) that we change the Physics so that the Fusion Mace does not have the recharging power that is currently has.....now, I know some of you are saying "WHAT????....ARE YOU NUTS?". But with the proper adjustments elsewhere, the ease/difficulty of the scenario would not be compromised. As it stands right now, having that powerful of a weapon makes the second half of the scenario utterly trivial. I have to believe that's NOT what Ian had in mind. Besides, within reason Steve proved that capability is not needed anyway.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

RED Volunteers: Can we get a Squeegy over here?Mark Levin 4/17/04 1:41 p.m.
     RED volunteers: Should we make version1.1Dylan 4/17/04 2:22 p.m.
           Re: RED volunteers: Should we make version1.1Crimson 4/18/04 3:37 a.m.
                 Re: RED volunteers: Should we make version1.1Mark Levin 4/18/04 9:23 a.m.
           Re: RED volunteers: Should we make version1.1Mark Levin 4/18/04 9:46 a.m.
                 Re: RED volunteers: Should we make version1.1Steve Levinson 4/18/04 9:54 a.m.
                       Re: RED volunteers: Should we make version1.1Mark Levin 4/18/04 9:57 a.m.
                             Re: RED volunteers: Should we make version1.1Dr. John Sumner 4/18/04 11:23 a.m.
                                   Re: RED volunteers: Should we make version1.1Mark Levin 4/18/04 12:03 p.m.
                                         Re: RED volunteers: Should we make version1.1Dr. John Sumner 4/18/04 12:15 p.m.
                                   Re: RED volunteers: Should we make version1.1Steve Levinson 4/18/04 12:10 p.m.
                                         Re: RED volunteers: Should we make version1.1Dr. John Sumner 4/18/04 12:21 p.m.
     Re: RED Volunteers: Can we get a Squeegy over hereDr. John Sumner 4/18/04 4:29 a.m.
           Re: RED Volunteers: Can we get a Squeegy over hereSteve Levinson 4/18/04 10:54 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.