/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

dunno if I can be of help...
Posted By: AnaphielDate: 3/28/04 3:45 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Texture Packs for Dummies (BadKarma9000)

... since I haven't run the SDL version of AO, but looking at the Revival MML file, it requires that the texture folder be at the top level of the Aleph One install. In other words if you built a folder called M1A1, the textures should be at M1A1/Revivial JPEG. I'd open the TTE MML file and see if it's the same fr those textures.

Also looking at a newly downloaded M1A1 SDL, it has a "Scripts" folder at the top level of the install directory and acts on scripts in that folder. When you say you don't have a Scripts folder, just "MML folders", I assume you mean in the Aleph One SDL install, right? Looks to me like the MML directory stands in for the Scripts directory in M1A1 and should be the place to drop scripts. Also, make sure you have only one texture-replacement script per install active.

From the AO SDL ReadMe:

Windows:
The "MML" and "Scripts" directories in the Aleph One application directory
and
The directory "Prefs\\MML" in the Aleph One application
directory

Upon startup, Aleph One reads and parses all scripts found in these
directories, in alphabetical order. For a description of their contents and
what you can do by writing your own MML scripts, please consult the file
"docs/MML.html" that comes in the Aleph One/SDL distribution archive.

JF

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Texture Packs for DummiesBadKarma9000 3/28/04 12:12 a.m.
     Re: Texture Packs for DummiesAnaphiel 3/28/04 8:03 a.m.
           Re: Texture Packs for DummiesBadKarma9000 3/28/04 8:37 a.m.
                 Re: Texture Packs for DummiesAnaphiel 3/28/04 8:53 a.m.
                       Re: Texture Packs for DummiesBadKarma9000 3/28/04 9:15 a.m.
                             Re: Texture Packs for DummiesAnaphiel 3/28/04 9:26 a.m.
                                   Re: Texture Packs for DummiesBadKarma9000 3/28/04 10:24 a.m.
                                         Re: Texture Packs for DummiesBadKarma9000 3/28/04 12:42 p.m.
                                               Re: Texture Packs for DummiesBadKarma9000 3/28/04 3:06 p.m.
                                                     dunno if I can be of help...Anaphiel 3/28/04 3:45 p.m.
                                                           Re: dunno if I can be of help...BadKarma9000 3/28/04 6:17 p.m.
                                                                 Re: dunno if I can be of help...Anaphiel 3/29/04 2:02 a.m.
                                                                       Re: dunno if I can be of help...Jorge 3/30/04 6:58 p.m.
                                                                             Re: dunno if I can be of help...Anaphiel 3/31/04 1:48 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: dunno if I can be of help...BadKarma9000 4/1/04 12:20 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.