/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: dunno if I can be of help...
Posted By: AnaphielDate: 3/29/04 2:02 a.m.

In Response To: Re: dunno if I can be of help... (BadKarma9000)

: Thanks again for all your help. I think I have it figured out... My problem
: was that I expanded the files with some options selected when they
: should've been de-selected. No biggie, I've gotta re-download the 120mb
: file right now.

Glad it's working. A lot of the AO content is made on Macs, so the cross-platform text conversion has been a problem for a lot of people apparently.

: I can't get over how cool your files look in m1a1 though... Is there a
: planned release for a version with your chapter screens? With the fix you
: did for the Phfor interiors, they fit perfectly.

Thanks! I have two chapters left to finish, and then I hope I can get in touch with Raul about getting the images added in to replace the originals. I could probably do it myself (on the Mac version anyway), but it's Raul's project and I'd want his permission at the least.

: Any desire to do a texture package of your own design for M:durandal and
: Infinity? I would PAY for that, especially if you found a good way to
: integrate some of your Phfor textures into the other games. It really
: brings a whole new light to the game, without breaking the "4th
: wall" so to speak.

I've already done a lot of the Infinity textures for the netmaps used in the Marathon:Resurrection UT mod. I'll probably finish those off at some point. I have a f ew of the M2 textures done, but given the amount of work represented I'm less sure about finishing those. Each game uses 120-150 textures, which equates to a couple of hundred hours of work. Unpaid work ;)

Also, I'm afraid that once I start doing the textures, the scenery objects will look out of place. So I'll do them. Then the weapons in hand will look sketchy, so I'll do them. Then the sprites will look terrible, so I'll re-do them, and by the time I'm done I'll be eligible for Social Security.

: Keep up the good work, this stuff is really good.

: PS- I've always been a PC user, so I'm just guessing... but when you start
: playing M1A1 and you are in the cavern with the PiD creature, that wasn't
: in the original Marathon, correct? That's just a nice Aleph One touch?

Yeah, Raul added that in as an homage to PiD, and a way to allude to the links between the two games. It sounded like a strange idea when he first described it, but now I kind of like it.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Texture Packs for DummiesBadKarma9000 3/28/04 12:12 a.m.
     Re: Texture Packs for DummiesAnaphiel 3/28/04 8:03 a.m.
           Re: Texture Packs for DummiesBadKarma9000 3/28/04 8:37 a.m.
                 Re: Texture Packs for DummiesAnaphiel 3/28/04 8:53 a.m.
                       Re: Texture Packs for DummiesBadKarma9000 3/28/04 9:15 a.m.
                             Re: Texture Packs for DummiesAnaphiel 3/28/04 9:26 a.m.
                                   Re: Texture Packs for DummiesBadKarma9000 3/28/04 10:24 a.m.
                                         Re: Texture Packs for DummiesBadKarma9000 3/28/04 12:42 p.m.
                                               Re: Texture Packs for DummiesBadKarma9000 3/28/04 3:06 p.m.
                                                     dunno if I can be of help...Anaphiel 3/28/04 3:45 p.m.
                                                           Re: dunno if I can be of help...BadKarma9000 3/28/04 6:17 p.m.
                                                                 Re: dunno if I can be of help...Anaphiel 3/29/04 2:02 a.m.
                                                                       Re: dunno if I can be of help...Jorge 3/30/04 6:58 p.m.
                                                                             Re: dunno if I can be of help...Anaphiel 3/31/04 1:48 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: dunno if I can be of help...BadKarma9000 4/1/04 12:20 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.