/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Texture Packs for Dummies
Posted By: AnaphielDate: 3/28/04 8:03 a.m.

In Response To: Texture Packs for Dummies (BadKarma9000)

: Hey guys... I'm running the newest Aleph One on my Win XP machine, and I'm
: interested in implementing some of these fancy high-res texture packs... I
: saw one site on here by an artist who had created everything from cool
: chapter screens to new M1A1 textures. Where can I obtain these, and can
: anyone help me implement them, using MML? I have no clue what to do.

: Thanks in advance, from a newbie, for all your help.

: Eric

Hey Eric! The Chapter Screens aren't all done yet, and aren't implemented in the actual game yet, but the textures are all part of the M1A1 experience... grab the SDL version of M1A1 here:
http://orbitalarm.bungie.org/downloads/alephone.html
(this link goes to the Orbital Arm Aleph One page, which has links to pretty much every download available for Aleph One under Windows and Linux.)

There are two different versions of M1A1, v1.2 which is compatible with the Mac version, and 1.5 which has some extra goodies but loses compatibility with the Mac v1.2.

You can also download my textures as a standalone download from fileball.net
http://fileball.net/marathon/item.fb?322860085
or from the Marathon Archives
http://archives2.bungie.org/m1a1.shapes/m1a1.revival256x256jpg.zip

The Revival Texture Pack zip files contain all of the MML scripts needed and a Readme that covers installation.

You might also want to grab Tim Vogels Total Texture Enhancements pack from that first link as well... he covers all of the Infinity and M2 textures that I haven't done... yet.

Hope this helps!

Aleph One SDL linkage

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Texture Packs for DummiesBadKarma9000 3/28/04 12:12 a.m.
     Re: Texture Packs for DummiesAnaphiel 3/28/04 8:03 a.m.
           Re: Texture Packs for DummiesBadKarma9000 3/28/04 8:37 a.m.
                 Re: Texture Packs for DummiesAnaphiel 3/28/04 8:53 a.m.
                       Re: Texture Packs for DummiesBadKarma9000 3/28/04 9:15 a.m.
                             Re: Texture Packs for DummiesAnaphiel 3/28/04 9:26 a.m.
                                   Re: Texture Packs for DummiesBadKarma9000 3/28/04 10:24 a.m.
                                         Re: Texture Packs for DummiesBadKarma9000 3/28/04 12:42 p.m.
                                               Re: Texture Packs for DummiesBadKarma9000 3/28/04 3:06 p.m.
                                                     dunno if I can be of help...Anaphiel 3/28/04 3:45 p.m.
                                                           Re: dunno if I can be of help...BadKarma9000 3/28/04 6:17 p.m.
                                                                 Re: dunno if I can be of help...Anaphiel 3/29/04 2:02 a.m.
                                                                       Re: dunno if I can be of help...Jorge 3/30/04 6:58 p.m.
                                                                             Re: dunno if I can be of help...Anaphiel 3/31/04 1:48 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: dunno if I can be of help...BadKarma9000 4/1/04 12:20 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.