/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: my big rubicon confession
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 2/2/04 3:00 p.m.

In Response To: Re: my big rubicon confession (the Battle Cat)

: So to sum this monster post up, the whole Fileball/Rubicon fiasco was in my
: first-hand-observers opinion a huge misunderstanding on both sides. Also,
: I have learned this one at great cost: "Never let a person's enemies
: be the voice that defines him." I apologize that this post was so
: long, I just hope some healing can come from it.

Now for my disclaimer. I freely admit that I'm a bit of a Rubicon freak. I didn't get to Evil, TI or the other great scenarios until after they'd been thoroughly discussed and so Rubicon was my first virgin scenario. It was incredibly cool to be the first to post the discovery of the secret to getting to the ammo stash on Honk, and to figure out with Sidoh how to get that oh so sweet 5th chip on Blasted Vent Cores. I still believe Rubicon to be the most polished 3rd party scenario out there, and my initiation of the Volunteers Series was a true act of admiration. It also pretty much put me on the map in this forum, placing me among the top 10 alltime posters, and it got me an invite by Chris and Scott to be a part of the Rubicon Team for the development of Rubicon X. My role is as a beta tester, a major critic and as an author of new terminal text to help fix some of the problems that FM noted in his review. I am, however, somewhat biased.

Gary, your post clearly shows that there are two sides to every story. I have never met any of you other than through this forum and it's easy to get the wrong impression from words alone. Is FM a great mapmaker? - beyond a doubt! Did he deliberately trash Rubicon? - hard to say. Were Chris and Scott completely innocent? - probably not. So let's go back to playing Evil and marveling at FM's level designs - and trashing his mistakes ;-)

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Who is your favorite map maker?Elliott 1/30/04 11:36 a.m.
     Re: Who is your favorite map maker?Adam Ashwell 1/30/04 11:47 a.m.
           Re: Who is your favorite map maker?Steve Levinson 1/30/04 1:04 p.m.
                 Re: Who is your favorite map maker?Adam Ashwell 1/30/04 1:46 p.m.
                       Re: Who is your favorite map maker?Johannes Gunnar 1/30/04 2:11 p.m.
                             Re: Who is your favorite map maker?Adam Ashwell 1/30/04 7:29 p.m.
                                   Re: Who is your favorite map maker?Adam Ashwell 1/30/04 7:36 p.m.
                             Re: Who is your favorite map maker?the Battle Cat 1/31/04 6:27 a.m.
                                   Re: Who is your favorite map maker?Adam Ashwell 1/31/04 6:32 a.m.
                                         Re: Who is your favorite map maker?the Battle Cat 2/1/04 6:59 a.m.
                             Praise?! :OoogaBooga 2/3/04 11:09 a.m.
                       Re: Who is your favorite map maker?Steve Levinson 1/31/04 7:09 a.m.
                             Re: Who is your favorite map maker?Adam Ashwell 1/31/04 7:21 a.m.
                             Re: Who is your favorite map maker?Steve Levinson 1/31/04 8:49 a.m.
                             Re: Who is your favorite map maker?goran 1/31/04 11:17 a.m.
                                   Re: Who is your favorite map maker?Elliott 1/31/04 1:47 p.m.
                                   Re: Who is your favorite map maker?Steve Levinson 1/31/04 6:42 p.m.
                                         my big rubicon confessiongoran 2/1/04 12:02 p.m.
                                               Re: my big rubicon confessiongoran 2/1/04 12:31 p.m.
                                                     Re: my big rubicon confessionSteve Levinson 2/1/04 3:22 p.m.
                                                           Re: my big rubicon confessionAdam Ashwell 2/1/04 3:52 p.m.
                                                                 Re: my big rubicon confessiongoran 2/2/04 1:08 a.m.
                                                                       FM's reviewgoran 2/2/04 1:51 a.m.
                                                                             Re: FM's reviewD-M.A. 2/2/04 3:01 a.m.
                                                                             Re: FM's reviewYossarian 2/2/04 5:04 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: FM's reviewSteve Levinson 2/2/04 5:25 a.m.
                                                                             Re: FM's reviewoogaBooga 2/3/04 11:23 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: FM's reviewSteve Levinson 2/3/04 1:10 p.m.
                                                                       Re: my big rubicon confessionSteve Levinson 2/2/04 5:23 a.m.
                                                                             Re: my big rubicon confessionElliott 2/2/04 9:41 a.m.
                                                                             Re: my big rubicon confessionthe Battle Cat 2/2/04 11:08 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: my big rubicon confessionSteve Levinson 2/2/04 3:00 p.m.
                                                                                         That sounds like a plan! =) *NM*the Battle Cat 2/3/04 7:06 a.m.
                                                                       Re: my big rubicon confessionAdam Ashwell 2/2/04 11:30 a.m.
                                                           Re: my big rubicon confessionthe Battle Cat 2/2/04 9:35 a.m.
                                                                 Re: my big rubicon confessionSteve Levinson 2/2/04 11:02 a.m.
                                                                 Re: my big rubicon confessionC Lund 2/3/04 1:03 a.m.
                                                                       Re: my big rubicon confessionSteve Levinson 2/3/04 5:20 a.m.
                                                                             Re: my big rubicon confessionDr. John Sumner 2/3/04 9:25 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: my big rubicon confessionSteve Levinson 2/3/04 11:04 a.m.
                                                                             Re: my big rubicon confessionC Lund 2/3/04 2:50 p.m.
                                                                       Re: my big rubicon confessionthe Battle Cat 2/3/04 7:46 a.m.
                                                                             Re: my big rubicon confessionC Lund 2/3/04 2:55 p.m.
     Re: Who is your favorite map maker?Vid Boi 1/31/04 4:34 a.m.
     Re: Who is your favorite map maker?Elliott 1/31/04 7:56 a.m.
     Re: Who is your favorite map maker?deathmonger 2/2/04 7:23 a.m.
           Re: Who is your favorite map maker?deathmonger 2/2/04 7:32 a.m.
                 Re: Who is your favorite map maker?Elliott 2/2/04 9:20 a.m.
                 Re: Who is your favorite map maker?Steve Levinson 2/2/04 9:37 a.m.
                       Re: Who is your favorite map maker?Elliott 2/2/04 9:59 a.m.
                             Re: Who is your favorite map maker?D-M.A. 2/3/04 12:52 a.m.
                                   Re: Who is your favorite map maker?Elliott 2/3/04 8:16 a.m.
                       Re: Who is your favorite map maker?deathmonger 2/2/04 11:25 a.m.
           Re: Who is your favorite map maker?the Battle Cat 2/3/04 8:03 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.