/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to re
Posted By: James SmithDate: 1/8/04 5:55 p.m.

In Response To: Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to re (Mark Levin)

: Damn right. They should use this post as the sole reply to all the "I
: have a cool idea, now please help me" emails to Scenario News.

I'd like to second that. I'll give my own brother Alex as an excellent example of a person who is actually following through on and finishing his creation, BY HIMSELF.

Alex is only around 12 or 13 or so (I forget which, I live in a family of eight) and he is doing a near total-conversion. He's doing art, levels, an involving story, and pretty much everything else for his project, which is called "Marathon-Invasion." As his brother, and a person who is around him most of the day, I've seen him run into difficult problems, over and over... and blast right through them to continue. He works hard and he doesn't give up! He's super-dedicated to his project, and will see it through to it's completion.

So my point is not to go on and on about this... but seriously, ours is a super instant-gratification society, and I for one cannot believe it when I see these "projects" out there, with these "creators" who seem to want someone else to do the entire thing for them.

It's ridiculous and does nothing but put them back in the world. They're the fish who get eaten by the shark who will finish what he starts. It's far better to finish one project than to start ten, and never complete them, be tough, don't give up easily, and remain totally committed to your vision.

FINISH IT.

James

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to read.Todd 1/8/04 2:20 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reSteve Levinson 1/8/04 4:45 a.m.
     Extremely cool graphic! *NM*the Battle Cat 1/8/04 5:45 a.m.
           Downright MullinsesqueCallie21V 1/8/04 11:28 a.m.
                 Re: Downright Mullinsesquezudo 1/9/04 2:24 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reJohannes Gunnar 1/8/04 7:19 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reelliott 1/8/04 8:24 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reMaxX 1/8/04 11:27 a.m.
     As a fan/player,Mista_B 1/8/04 1:07 p.m.
           Re: As a fan/player,the Battle Cat 1/9/04 7:05 a.m.
                 Re: As a fan/player,zudo 1/9/04 7:35 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reAdam Ashwell 1/8/04 1:56 p.m.
           Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reAdam Ashwell 1/8/04 2:04 p.m.
           Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reJohannes Gunnar 1/8/04 2:08 p.m.
                 Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reSteve Levinson 1/8/04 3:33 p.m.
                       Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reRyanman 1/8/04 8:56 p.m.
                       Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to rezudo 1/9/04 2:46 a.m.
                             Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reAdam Ashwell 1/10/04 9:41 a.m.
                                   Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to rezudo 1/11/04 12:34 a.m.
                                         Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reAdam Ashwell 1/11/04 2:41 a.m.
                                               Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to rezudo 1/11/04 4:20 a.m.
                       Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reJohannes Gunnar 1/9/04 8:57 a.m.
                             Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reD-M.A. 1/9/04 9:27 a.m.
                                   Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reJohannes Gunnar 1/9/04 9:55 a.m.
           Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to rezudo 1/9/04 2:26 a.m.
           Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reKRPY 1/9/04 4:21 p.m.
                 Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reAdam Ashwell 1/9/04 4:24 p.m.
                       Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reJohannes Gunnar 1/10/04 9:16 a.m.
                             Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reAdam Ashwell 1/10/04 9:31 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reSimon 1/8/04 3:27 p.m.
           Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to rethe Battle Cat 1/9/04 7:14 a.m.
                 Yeah!! *NM*Johannes Gunnar 1/9/04 9:00 a.m.
                 Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reSteve Levinson 1/9/04 9:11 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reMark Levin 1/8/04 4:16 p.m.
           Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reJames Smith 1/8/04 5:55 p.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to rethermoplyae 1/8/04 6:21 p.m.
     Thanks.Todd 1/8/04 9:30 p.m.
           Make a website for this!ukimalefu 1/8/04 10:09 p.m.
                 Re: Make a website for this!zudo 1/9/04 2:18 a.m.
                       Re: Make a website for this!ukimalefu 1/9/04 10:07 p.m.
                             Re: Make a website for this!zudo 1/10/04 1:53 a.m.
                 Re: Make a website for this!Adam Ashwell 1/9/04 12:04 p.m.
                 Re: Make a website for this!thermoplyae 1/9/04 4:37 p.m.
                 Re: Make a website for this!the Battle Cat 1/10/04 9:23 a.m.
           Re: Thanks.zudo 1/9/04 2:19 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reTych-Psych 1/9/04 7:41 p.m.
           i hope you aren't looking at me.. :-P *NM*Johannes Gunnar 1/10/04 9:21 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.