/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to re
Posted By: elliottDate: 1/8/04 8:24 a.m.

In Response To: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to read. (Todd)

Too true. I first started with a story I thought was the greatest ever. Now it is dead due to me falling love with my warm up project when no support came from any one. After about 8 months I have three people on my team and the only one who can really help me got moved over to a PC. One other is my art for terminals. Nice to have, not what I really needed.
Now every one seems to be trying to make their own project. I have tried to join some others here and there, but they are all dead or full.
Now I have come to the point where I really start struggling with anvil and MML. Some people would, and probably have, given up at this point waiting for others to do it for them. I found that you can't depend on others to do your work. Its true here and even truer out in the real world.
So if you are not willing to go all the way with a major conversion then make a scenario. I could shave some time off my project if I just stuck with a Mi scenario.
I have only been online for about a year and making maps for less. I grew up with marathon and really wanted to give something that gave me so much. I don't care how that comes, as long as it does. If I did all this work and it never saw tha tlight of day, it's almost like I never did any of it.
If you want to work on your own until it's perfect, then fine do that. More power to you. But please by all means help others at the same time. The more you do the better you get at it. An internship on another sceanrio will help develpoe your own skills.
Excuse me know I need to oil up before trying to tacke anvil,
Ellio7t

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to read.Todd 1/8/04 2:20 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reSteve Levinson 1/8/04 4:45 a.m.
     Extremely cool graphic! *NM*the Battle Cat 1/8/04 5:45 a.m.
           Downright MullinsesqueCallie21V 1/8/04 11:28 a.m.
                 Re: Downright Mullinsesquezudo 1/9/04 2:24 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reJohannes Gunnar 1/8/04 7:19 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reelliott 1/8/04 8:24 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reMaxX 1/8/04 11:27 a.m.
     As a fan/player,Mista_B 1/8/04 1:07 p.m.
           Re: As a fan/player,the Battle Cat 1/9/04 7:05 a.m.
                 Re: As a fan/player,zudo 1/9/04 7:35 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reAdam Ashwell 1/8/04 1:56 p.m.
           Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reAdam Ashwell 1/8/04 2:04 p.m.
           Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reJohannes Gunnar 1/8/04 2:08 p.m.
                 Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reSteve Levinson 1/8/04 3:33 p.m.
                       Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reRyanman 1/8/04 8:56 p.m.
                       Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to rezudo 1/9/04 2:46 a.m.
                             Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reAdam Ashwell 1/10/04 9:41 a.m.
                                   Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to rezudo 1/11/04 12:34 a.m.
                                         Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reAdam Ashwell 1/11/04 2:41 a.m.
                                               Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to rezudo 1/11/04 4:20 a.m.
                       Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reJohannes Gunnar 1/9/04 8:57 a.m.
                             Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reD-M.A. 1/9/04 9:27 a.m.
                                   Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reJohannes Gunnar 1/9/04 9:55 a.m.
           Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to rezudo 1/9/04 2:26 a.m.
           Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reKRPY 1/9/04 4:21 p.m.
                 Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reAdam Ashwell 1/9/04 4:24 p.m.
                       Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reJohannes Gunnar 1/10/04 9:16 a.m.
                             Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reAdam Ashwell 1/10/04 9:31 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reSimon 1/8/04 3:27 p.m.
           Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to rethe Battle Cat 1/9/04 7:14 a.m.
                 Yeah!! *NM*Johannes Gunnar 1/9/04 9:00 a.m.
                 Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reSteve Levinson 1/9/04 9:11 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reMark Levin 1/8/04 4:16 p.m.
           Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reJames Smith 1/8/04 5:55 p.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to rethermoplyae 1/8/04 6:21 p.m.
     Thanks.Todd 1/8/04 9:30 p.m.
           Make a website for this!ukimalefu 1/8/04 10:09 p.m.
                 Re: Make a website for this!zudo 1/9/04 2:18 a.m.
                       Re: Make a website for this!ukimalefu 1/9/04 10:07 p.m.
                             Re: Make a website for this!zudo 1/10/04 1:53 a.m.
                 Re: Make a website for this!Adam Ashwell 1/9/04 12:04 p.m.
                 Re: Make a website for this!thermoplyae 1/9/04 4:37 p.m.
                 Re: Make a website for this!the Battle Cat 1/10/04 9:23 a.m.
           Re: Thanks.zudo 1/9/04 2:19 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reTych-Psych 1/9/04 7:41 p.m.
           i hope you aren't looking at me.. :-P *NM*Johannes Gunnar 1/10/04 9:21 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.