/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to read.
Posted By: ToddDate: 1/8/04 2:20 a.m.

Ok... I just read the latest Scenario News update.

I was not impressed, to say the least.

I'm happy that so many people are actively interested in producing content for marathon. A1 is obviously attracting a bunch of newcomers, and the noobs filtering in from the halo community is fantastic.

HOWEVER. Something has become a worrying trend recently. Well, it's always been there, but it's seems to be far more prominent these days.

In that entire huge update, I saw perhaps 2 people actually reporting that they had substantial content. I know this forum has essentially become the centre of the community, so I hope most scenario makers read this.

Far too many people were requesting help for every major aspect of their scenario production. Forge, Anvil, A1/resedit. At the same time.

I want to see Scenarios released. It's a sad fact that there simply isn't enough talent left in the community to fill these requests. Does anyone actually recieve replys for their requests for help these days? I haven't in years, and I'd like to believe Apotheosis is one of the more prominent Projects on the go right now, the kind someone would be proud to develop for.

I could probably name to the line, the people who are producing content that will see the light of day. That's me, Zudo, Richard Dierkes, Simon, Johanness, Goran, Ernie, D.M.A and a few of the other regulars around here. Not many more.

That's because we've all taken a pro-active attitude towards our content development. We do it ourselves. If we don't know a certain skill, or lack talent, we practice and we learn. Advertising your scenario and then requesting assistance in every aspect of it's production is not good enough. What incentive do we have to help you?

Look at it this way. It's YOUR scenario. Your idea, your baby - your artwork and your creativity. It's much more rewarding if you learn to handle every aspect yourself. If you envision something, then try to do it. Learn to do it. Don't waste your time. Don't cheapen your own vision by parcelling it off to someone else.

You will feel much more rewarded for your own work. So will the community, when it actually gets done because YOU put in the effort.

I'm sick of the apathy towards this that seems to be setting in around here. Transcend. Please. Or stop killing an already dying community.

Look at the image at the end of this post. It's a chapter screen for Apotheosis. Before I started working on my scenario, I didn't even know what photoshop was. This is what one can do when they put in the effort, and overcome what they don't know. This is what happens when you DON'T cop out and try to dodge every little hurdle in your way.

To those of you out there who take the same outlook as me, I thank you for your time and dedication. You make this community great. For everyone else, I know you can too.

Enjoy, contemplate & discuss.

Thanks for your time.

//t

Apotheosis.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to read.Todd 1/8/04 2:20 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reSteve Levinson 1/8/04 4:45 a.m.
     Extremely cool graphic! *NM*the Battle Cat 1/8/04 5:45 a.m.
           Downright MullinsesqueCallie21V 1/8/04 11:28 a.m.
                 Re: Downright Mullinsesquezudo 1/9/04 2:24 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reJohannes Gunnar 1/8/04 7:19 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reelliott 1/8/04 8:24 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reMaxX 1/8/04 11:27 a.m.
     As a fan/player,Mista_B 1/8/04 1:07 p.m.
           Re: As a fan/player,the Battle Cat 1/9/04 7:05 a.m.
                 Re: As a fan/player,zudo 1/9/04 7:35 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reAdam Ashwell 1/8/04 1:56 p.m.
           Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reAdam Ashwell 1/8/04 2:04 p.m.
           Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reJohannes Gunnar 1/8/04 2:08 p.m.
                 Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reSteve Levinson 1/8/04 3:33 p.m.
                       Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reRyanman 1/8/04 8:56 p.m.
                       Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to rezudo 1/9/04 2:46 a.m.
                             Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reAdam Ashwell 1/10/04 9:41 a.m.
                                   Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to rezudo 1/11/04 12:34 a.m.
                                         Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reAdam Ashwell 1/11/04 2:41 a.m.
                                               Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to rezudo 1/11/04 4:20 a.m.
                       Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reJohannes Gunnar 1/9/04 8:57 a.m.
                             Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reD-M.A. 1/9/04 9:27 a.m.
                                   Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reJohannes Gunnar 1/9/04 9:55 a.m.
           Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to rezudo 1/9/04 2:26 a.m.
           Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reKRPY 1/9/04 4:21 p.m.
                 Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reAdam Ashwell 1/9/04 4:24 p.m.
                       Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reJohannes Gunnar 1/10/04 9:16 a.m.
                             Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reAdam Ashwell 1/10/04 9:31 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reSimon 1/8/04 3:27 p.m.
           Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to rethe Battle Cat 1/9/04 7:14 a.m.
                 Yeah!! *NM*Johannes Gunnar 1/9/04 9:00 a.m.
                 Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reSteve Levinson 1/9/04 9:11 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reMark Levin 1/8/04 4:16 p.m.
           Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reJames Smith 1/8/04 5:55 p.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to rethermoplyae 1/8/04 6:21 p.m.
     Thanks.Todd 1/8/04 9:30 p.m.
           Make a website for this!ukimalefu 1/8/04 10:09 p.m.
                 Re: Make a website for this!zudo 1/9/04 2:18 a.m.
                       Re: Make a website for this!ukimalefu 1/9/04 10:07 p.m.
                             Re: Make a website for this!zudo 1/10/04 1:53 a.m.
                 Re: Make a website for this!Adam Ashwell 1/9/04 12:04 p.m.
                 Re: Make a website for this!thermoplyae 1/9/04 4:37 p.m.
                 Re: Make a website for this!the Battle Cat 1/10/04 9:23 a.m.
           Re: Thanks.zudo 1/9/04 2:19 a.m.
     Re: ATTENTION: I'd like every scenario maker to reTych-Psych 1/9/04 7:41 p.m.
           i hope you aren't looking at me.. :-P *NM*Johannes Gunnar 1/10/04 9:21 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.