Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: mnemesis: my theory (HAHAHAHAHAHA)
Posted By: Nerrolken <nerrolken@yahoo.com>Date: 7/1/03 10:32 a.m.

In Response To: mnemesis: my theory (HAHAHAHAHAHA) (alex cross)

That was a brilliant analysis. However, I must say that some of the things that were weakest in your argument, (aside from things like the grunts' statements), could be explained away through simple simplification. What if the "Forerunner Civil War" was not between a single, genetically homogenous race like Humanity, but more like the American Civil War, but expanded onto a galactic, multi-racial scale: the so-named "B-Forerunners" and "H-Forerunners" applying closer to Humans and Covenant. Their cultures were so different that civil war was inevitable. Here is the cliff-notes of my theory, which I will post on HBO as soon as I finish fleshing it out:

In ancient times the Humans and the Covenant were in contact with each other, and while the contact was probably not amiable, it was at least peaceful. (It should be noted that the "Covenant" referred to in this theory could either be the Covenant as we know it, or just the Prophets, and possibly Elites, the other races having joined since.) The two began to compete, until, much like the recent Cold War on Earth, they began an open policy of I'll-take-you-down-with-me. The two hated each other, but they did have a similar culture, much like Russian and American culture was similar in many ways, despite their mutual hatred, hence the similar symbols. Finally, as the final deterrent, one side created the Flood. Being Human, I'd like to think it was the Covenant, but one cannot rule out the idea that it was us. When the war finally broke out, it progressed much the the game HALO itself: what was originally a Human-Covenant war soon became an Everybody-Flood war. When the catastrophe was finally contained, the Humans used some of their outposts, the Halos, as containment and research facilities, hence the very human-looking design of the Halos and the Human-friendly environment. After a while another disaster, be it another war with the Covenant or a catastrophic break-out of the Flood, called for the use of the Halos. On our particular Halo, 343-GS is asked by the resident operator whether he would set off the Halos, hence 343-GS's statement about how the MS asked him whether he would "do it." As these Halos are set off, it kills off all life, or at least intellegent life, within the blast radius. Obviously, the Human's research stations and military installations would be inside their territory, so the blast would hurt them more. (Not such an odd idea, when you realize that nuclear weapons, while detonated over enemy territory, would cause incredible damage to one's own territory, let alone the damage from retaliation.) Thus, the humans were almost completely wiped out, aside from one remote planet on the outskirts of the previous Human, or Forerunner, territory. Even Earth was hit, though, with a glancing blow, and this is why Humans have no memory of their past: Earth was washed enough to ALMOST destroy all intellegent life, but it left enough for us to come back. As the Covenant, who were also greatly damaged by this act, but no where near as much as the Humans/Forerunners, come across Humanity as WE know it, they simply recognize their old enemy, and revive the old war.

This is a very, very shortened version, so anything that may seem odd or unexplained will be, but I thought I'd throw it out there for you to ponder.

--Nerrolken

Message Index

Replies:

mnemesis: my theory (HAHAHAHAHAHA)alex cross 6/22/03 10:20 p.m.
     Oh yeah...***MAJOR SPOILERS IN MY POST*** *NM*alex cross 6/22/03 10:23 p.m.
     So many theories.Simpsons Rule 6/22/03 11:19 p.m.
           Re: So many theories.alex cross 6/22/03 11:34 p.m.
           Re: So many theories.poopt 6/23/03 1:15 p.m.
                 Re: So many theories.Simpsons Rule 6/24/03 8:26 p.m.
     Whoa!mnemesis 6/22/03 11:32 p.m.
           Re: Whoa!alex cross 6/22/03 11:45 p.m.
     Re: mnemesis: my theory (HAHAHAHAHAHA)desecrator 6/23/03 2:22 a.m.
     Did alll that typing hurt your fingers? *NM*BLown-Upp 6/23/03 3:20 a.m.
     What IfHuckle Baal 6/26/03 10:03 a.m.
           Re: What IfNerrolken 7/1/03 10:02 a.m.
     Re: mnemesis: my theory (HAHAHAHAHAHA)Nerrolken 7/1/03 10:32 a.m.
           Something that might......AlStrong 7/1/03 11:54 a.m.
           Re: mnemesis: my theory (HAHAHAHAHAHA)alex cross 7/1/03 12:06 p.m.
                 BreakthroughNerrolken 7/2/03 10:54 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.