Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Why 343GS thinks MC should know what Halo does
Posted By: Ciarán <halo@blackice.ie>Date: 3/18/03 8:38 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Why 343GS thinks MC should know what Halo does (Wado SG)

: Nice theory Ciarán, and nice point Elf Lord.

: I'd like to add that the meteor impacts (where the rock was from) were
: thought to be 60,000 years old. If they were instructions, they would have
: to have been sent out a very long time ago 60,000 years plus the travel
: time. Were the Flood active (a danger to this galaxy) then, and if so,
: could anyone wait 60,000 years for the Reclaimer to show up?

Firstly, I'd like to point out that I'm basing my info on the ebook version of FoR, which doesn't have the last chapter (when they arrive at Halo I believe), and so I'm not sure if Cortana explained there what she did. Anyway, perhaps she was only looking at some of the symbols in the rock, and there's other symbols that explain the other things I mentioned.

Secondly, I should remember to put down in writing the other things I am thinking :-) My thoughts followed on from an earlier post I made that talked about the rocks/asteroids being part of the firing of Halo. The pulse goes out first, wiping out sentient life. Then the rocks are sent out to seed the galaxy with life again. The rocks also contain a warning about the Flood, and what to do if they ever turn up again, including the location of the weapon that can stop them spreading. Perhaps the Forerunners couldn't be sure that they had permanently stopped the Flood, and if they're like the Vang that's a pretty good possibility. It would make sense then to leave information for the new inhabitants of the galaxy, just in case the Flood managed to live that long.

So, the Halo could have been fired 100,000 years ago (or more), wiping out sentient life at FTL speeds, then the asteroids were sent out at non-FTL speeds, and seeded life throughout the galaxy, with the asteroids arriving at different planets at different times, sometimes successfully engendering sentient life once more - possibly by enhancing existing non-sentient life on the planet. There's no-one waiting for the Reclaimer (except 343GS maybe) in the sense that there's no immediate threat from the Flood.

Just some more (hopefully clearer) thoughts :-)

Ciarán.

Download the Halo 2 trailer screensaver

Message Index

Replies:

Why 343GS thinks MC should know what Halo doesCiarán 3/14/03 6:40 a.m.
     Re: Why 343GS thinks MC should know what Halo doesElf Lord 3/14/03 3:21 p.m.
           Re: Why 343GS thinks MC should know what Halo doesWado SG 3/14/03 3:44 p.m.
                 Re: Why 343GS thinks MC should know what Halo doesKu Genin 3/14/03 10:25 p.m.
                 Re: Why 343GS thinks MC should know what Halo doesCiarán 3/18/03 8:38 a.m.
                       Re: Why 343GS thinks MC should know what Halo doesWado SG 3/18/03 5:03 p.m.
                 Re: Why 343GS thinks MC should know what Halo doesDarkshades 3/18/03 7:17 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.