glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Take a hippo break- let's get the level 2 Banshee!
Posted By: pete_the_duck <taidanaahiru@hotmail.com>Date: 2/19/02 8:11 a.m.

I'm guessing so far this hasn't been done, but I think it is possible

You can't shoot the pilots out, I've tried this at point-blank-range from every imaginable angle with pretty much every weapon I could come up with..

But one thing does seem like it might work; when you are flying a Banshee straight up and you brush a cliff, you're knocked out because the Banshee just turned a hair upsidedown..so maybe it's possible to trick the enemy into flipping themselves, falling out, and letting you steal their ride..

It would have to be in a tight hallway, I'm sure..and some other vehicles would be necessary to help push the Banshee without getting yourself killed..

The best place I've found so far is Halo (level 2)..after you exit the tunnels and you're engaged by the two Banshees, lure at least one of them down back into the tunnel with the Warthog (being coop- have one player in the passenger and one in the driver seat). Once you get towards that smaller tunnel between the two large ones, the Banshee's AI goes queer and will do nothing but fly directly at the Warthog (assuming you're both inside). Depending on who it's after, one player can hop out and sneak up behind the Banshee (this is how I tested shooting the pilot out-- also, if the Banshee is close enough, the passenger can see through the 'lid' and see the Covenant pilot. They look funny lying down..but you can't shoot them then either). If there were some way to re-cross the chasm, it might be possible to trip it up in the hall leading to the light bridge panel.

Well, just an idea. Since there's a loadpoint towards the tunnel exit, you can't just leave one player behind at the panel in the early portion of the game the bridge definitly will disapear..and the Banshees won't follow you towards the 3 pickup spots..I bet somebody can find a way around this, though. I'd imagine crossing the chasm would require somebody grenading the occupied Warthog across (hopefully not killing the driver, but sucessfully lauching him to the other side)..and with a Banshee tailgating you, I don't know how well that will work..none of my coop friends are into spending 2 hours trying to jump a bridge so it's up to you guys!

Message Index

Replies:

Take a hippo break- let's get the level 2 Banshee!pete_the_duck 2/19/02 8:11 a.m.
     Re: Take a hippo break- let's get the level 2 BansFrogBlast 2/19/02 8:20 a.m.
           Re: Take a hippo break- let's get the level 2 Bansbarkbat 2/19/02 1:06 p.m.
                 Re: Take a hippo break- let's get the level 2 Banspete_the_duck 2/19/02 2:12 p.m.
                       Re: Take a hippo break- let's get the level 2 BansKhaim 2/19/02 4:16 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.