Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Theory about Halo *SP*
Posted By: WarbowDate: 2/13/02 10:14 a.m.

I am going to lay the evidence out first, then ask my question. Here are some of the comments of 343 Guilty Spark and Cortana.

343 Guilty Spark: "-Which means that any organism with sufficient mass and cognitive capability is a potential vector."

Cortana: "You have no idea how this ring works, do you? Why the Forerunners built it? Halo doesn't kill Flood, it kills their food. Humans, Covenant, whatever. We're all equally edible. The only way to stop the Flood is to starve them to death. And that's exactly what Halo is designed to do, wipe the galaxy clean of all sentient life. You don't believe me? Ask him."

343 Guilty Spark: "More or less. Technically, this instillation's pulse has a maximum effective radius of 25,000 light-years. But once the others follow suit, this galaxy will be quite devoid of life...Or at least any life with sufficient biomass to sustain the Flood. But you already knew that...I mean...How couldn't you?"

343 Guilty Spark: "Why would you hesitate to do what you have already done?"

343 Guilty Spark: "Last time, you asked me...If it were my choice, would I do it? Having had considerable time to ponder your query, my answer is not changed. There is no choice. We must activate the ring."

Ok from the above comments we can see the following:

1. Halo has been activated before.
2. Halo doesn't kill the Flood.
3. Flood infect sentient life with sufficient biomass.
4. Halo somehow kills sentient life with sufficient biomass.

Finally my question!

Would Halo destroy children?

I think not, and this opens many possibilities to the story. Let us pick a 5-year-old child, he/she would probably not have enough biomass for the Flood to infect. Could a 5-year-old survive on its' own? I think so if it was in the correct environment. Imagine what would happen to a civilization that was suddenly reduced to only young children. Almost everything would be lost. It would revert back to hunter/gatherer.

Now help me, what are the problems with the theory that Halo would not kill children?

Thank you.

Warbow

Message Index

Replies:

Theory about Halo *SP*Warbow 2/13/02 10:14 a.m.
     Re: Theory about Halo *SP*Sol Cutter 2/13/02 10:28 a.m.
     Re: Theory about Halo *SP*FrogBlast 2/13/02 10:36 a.m.
           Re: Theory about Halo *SP*Warbow 2/13/02 10:42 a.m.
                 Re: Theory about Halo *SP*FrogBlast 2/13/02 10:47 a.m.
                       Re: Theory about Halo *SP*Warbow 2/13/02 10:55 a.m.
                             Re: Theory about Halo *SP*FrogBlast 2/13/02 10:59 a.m.
                       Re: Theory about Halo *SP*FrogBlast 2/13/02 10:56 a.m.
                 Re: That brings up another question *SP*SpudBoy 2/13/02 2:50 p.m.
                       ::cheers for spud:: *NM* *NM*FrogBlast 2/13/02 3:09 p.m.
                       Re: That brings up another question *SP*Mark Levin 2/13/02 4:44 p.m.
     Re: Theory about Halo *SP*Xcruiser 2/13/02 12:14 p.m.
           Re: Theory about Halo *SP*kayas 2/13/02 2:25 p.m.
           Re: Theory about Halo *SP*Trey Ikon 2/13/02 6:20 p.m.
           Re: Theory about Halo *SP*Trey Ikon 2/13/02 6:56 p.m.
                 Re: Theory about Halo *SP* (*FoR SP* here)NthDegree256 2/14/02 2:49 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.