Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journey
Posted By: RagashingoDate: 12/8/05 4:26 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journey (mrbananas)

: OR, our empire is vastly larger than any other empire faced before. what
: makes this more true is the fact that we are the current speices under
: attack, which means we have had more time to expand our empire than the
: other races did before they were taken into the covenant.
: After all. only just now did they find our home world.

: the length of war can me that this case is more unique than the previous ones
: just as much as it could mean there is a different plan. Not all wars are
: the same. exspecially when each war doesn't even put you up against the
: same speices.

Yes, I agree the Humans are probably the biggest and best prepared empire the Covenant has faced. And yes different wars can go differently. But, why then do the Elites wonder why the Humans are not being granted access into the Covenant, and perhaps more importantly, why do they wonder this in secret, afraid of letting the Brutes and Prophets know that they are wondering?

: the spartans have been exceptionally good oppenonts. but there may have been
: powerful hunters or grunts who put up a strong fight in the past too.

Not likely, most members of the Covenant are reliant on their technology to be effective. Only the Elites, Hunters, and Brutes are really a threat without fancy guns are armor. We know the Elites defeated the Hunters before the Hunters got their fancy guns and armor...

: what your saying is that you can't make any sort of reasonable guess. you
: shout enough information has not been given to draw a valid conclusion yet
: here i have given a valid conclusion without anymore information than you
: were provide. You agruement is hindered upon the spin of fate that the
: future will reveil something different from me. basically, you shout that
: in the future truth could have a plan that no one can foresee. wil then i
: guess i will shout that in the future microsoft could make xbox360s that
: transform into robot clowns.

First off, I'm not shouting anything, I'm pointing out areas that I feel you haven't addressed enough with your theory. Why the civil war? Why the betrayal of Regret and Mercy? Why replace the Elites with the Brutes? Why order the death of the Arbiter when he accomplished his mission of retrieving the Index?

Secondly, I suggest that there will be new twists in Halo 3. For instance, after seeing all the Halo 2 trailers and demos I along with everybody else though Halo 2 would be mostly about defending Earth, it wasn't. At the end of Halo 1 who could have predicted a Covenant civil war, or even the existence of the Brutes and Drones for that matter? Who could logically predict that Johnson (who on legendary is in view of the PoA as it blows up) would be a main character in Halo 2? How about Captain Keyes having a daughter, or playing as the Arbiter?

My point is there have been major twists in Halo's story than none of us could have predicted, and I completely expect such twists to continue with Halo 3.

: you think it is possible that there is something to counter my theory. rather
: then thinking that there could be possiblitys, find one and then come
: back. until then, your just shouting "could be"
: "maybe" "might be"

As mentioned before things happened in Halo 2 that could not be predicted based solely on Halo 1. I believe Truth's motives are something that can't completely be predicted based solely on Halo 2, and I've argued that opinion. That is NOT shouting out things.

If you want people to pretend your ideas are above question say so. If so I'll stop responding, but if you want to have a discussion or debate about a theory you have to let people point out the problem's they see.

Message Index

Replies:

Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/6/05 4:04 p.m.
     Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeyjman571 12/6/05 9:08 p.m.
           Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/6/05 10:00 p.m.
                 Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeyjman571 12/6/05 10:25 p.m.
           Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeysmallwimpykid 12/17/05 11:25 a.m.
     Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyHalolover34 12/6/05 11:04 p.m.
           Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyCapt_Thanas 12/7/05 6:46 a.m.
                 Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyPeptuck 12/7/05 8:12 a.m.
                       Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyCapt_thanas 12/7/05 1:30 p.m.
                             Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyUriah 12/7/05 1:40 p.m.
           Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/7/05 12:42 p.m.
                 Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyUriah 12/7/05 1:46 p.m.
                       Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyPeptuck 12/7/05 1:50 p.m.
                             Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/7/05 2:46 p.m.
                                   Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyPeptuck 12/7/05 3:16 p.m.
                                         Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyRagashingo 12/7/05 3:23 p.m.
                                               Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/7/05 10:18 p.m.
                                                     Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyRagashingo 12/8/05 2:40 p.m.
                                                           Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/8/05 3:38 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyRagashingo 12/8/05 4:26 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/8/05 6:42 p.m.
                                         Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/7/05 4:57 p.m.
                                               ^woopsmrbananas 12/7/05 5:00 p.m.
                       Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/7/05 2:33 p.m.
                             Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyPeptuck 12/7/05 2:36 p.m.
                                   Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/7/05 2:52 p.m.
                                         Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyUriah 12/7/05 3:08 p.m.
                                               Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/7/05 4:15 p.m.
                                                     Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyUriah 12/7/05 5:07 p.m.
                                                           Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/7/05 6:30 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyUriah 12/9/05 1:10 p.m.
                                         Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyRagashingo 12/7/05 3:16 p.m.
                                               Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/7/05 4:25 p.m.
                                                     Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyRagashingo 12/8/05 3:34 p.m.
                                                           Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/8/05 4:53 p.m.
                                         Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyPeptuck 12/7/05 3:18 p.m.
                                               Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/7/05 4:32 p.m.
     Left behind, other meaning?Freezing Moose 12/9/05 9:52 p.m.
     Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneySedated 12/14/05 11:11 a.m.
           Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/14/05 2:49 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.