glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.
Posted By: Sir Viking <hyperling11@yahoo.com>Date: 8/29/05 10:06 p.m.

In Response To: Bungie needs to cater to both sides. (JakeDaGreat)

I don't see how there can be any way to please both sides, by the very nature of their grievances. Each faction wants something completely different out of Halo 2, and any real compromise would serve only to anger them both.

Many (I have no way of knowing how many) of those dissatified with Halo 2 have such views because they have had Halo: CE for a good 3 or 4 years. We all loved Halo. To some of us, it became more like an old companion than a video game. No matter what happened in your life, you'd still have old Halo by your side, always ready for some quality gaming.

Then Halo 2 was announced. Fans around the world hadn't been so excited since...ever, really. The hype kept building up as we counted down to November 9 with bated breath. The day finally came. And like with any good thing, especially a good thing with this much hyperbole surrounding it, there were some people who didn't like it. They had wanted another Halo, and instead they got (GASP) a sequel. Because it wasn't exactly like the game they had relied on for so long, they complained.

They complained about every possible thing that could be conceived as slightly imperfect. Some genuinely didn't like it for what it was, and gave the game up, but they were the minority. The rest didn't stop, and since many were long time members of the Halo community already, they made sure that they were heard far and wide. Because they never stopped playing Halo, and because inexplicably millions were still playing Halo 2, they never stopped whining.

So here we are, eight months later, with a bunch of the most subborn crybabies the world has ever seen. Bungie should be proud, really. They inspired such loyalty with Halo that many took it upon themselves to condemn Halo 2 for blasphemy.

That's why there can be no pleasing everyone. One side likes Halo 2 for what it is, and doesn't want it to change; the other side wants a strict continuation of Halo. Two fundamentally different prospects.

That's my theory, anyway. I do apologize if I have offended anyone in any way; I feel strongly about this issue. I welcome criticisms, but please make them intelligent.

Sir Viking

Message Index

Replies:

New post at my blog The Oraclemercury 8/29/05 1:29 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The OracleZattack89 8/29/05 2:05 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The Oracle1138 8/29/05 2:13 p.m.
           Re: New post at my blog The Oraclezink 8/29/05 2:59 p.m.
                 Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 3:35 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.mercury 8/29/05 3:52 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 5:08 p.m.
                                   Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 5:42 p.m.
                                         Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 5:59 p.m.
                                               Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 6:36 p.m.
                                                     Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 6:51 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.mercury 8/29/05 7:30 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 8:10 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 7:31 p.m.
                                               Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Louis Wu 8/30/05 9:02 a.m.
                                                     Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/30/05 5:38 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Louis Wu 8/30/05 9:26 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Sir Viking 8/29/05 10:06 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Scarab 8/30/05 11:08 a.m.
                                   Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Sir Viking 8/30/05 7:15 p.m.
     Alert: I'm about to make an unfair analogyPizack 8/29/05 4:43 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The Oraclejazo 8/29/05 5:20 p.m.
           Re: New post at my blog The Oraclecharthepirate 8/29/05 5:37 p.m.
           Here's how I respondedmercury 8/29/05 7:48 p.m.
                 Re: Here's how I respondedjazo 8/30/05 3:11 a.m.
                       Re: Here's how I responded1138 8/30/05 9:29 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.