glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Is killing aliens in video games really OK?
Posted By: MovieMaker5087 <tacomatinners@msn.com>Date: 7/31/04 11:31 p.m.

I was reading Frankie's latest Halo 2 weekly update (the one wear he goes to Europe) and I found the part interesting when the two Brits were OK about killing off a thousand Covenant soldiers, with all the blood and gore and such, as long as they weren't humen. Well, has anyone ever thought of this before? First, let me say that my mother and sister-in-law appose violence in video games, but they say that "killing aliens is OK". Well, what if, somewhere out in the far regions of space, some advance speices of aliens (say like the Covenant) somehow manage to see a demo of Halo, and take notice that we're killing them off. What if they got angry and came and rose hell of Earth cuz of it? Or what if aliens decided to live on Earth? Then how would we get away with it?

"In your video game, do you kill any species belonging to the Zorgon race?"

"Why, yes! You can destroy thousands of them in one shot and splatter blood and such everywhere!"

"Well, we're gonna have to ban your game due to the fact some things... I mean people might get a tad offended by the mass alien carnage..."

I could hear my mom and sis-in-law now: "Turn that game off! It's far too violent! You know your cousin Aafwearojfd is from Zorgon and he would find that very offensive! But it's OK as long as your killing something other than that..."

Has anyone else ever thought of such a thing before? What do you guys think about this? I mean, you never know...

Message Index

Replies:

Is killing aliens in video games really OK?MovieMaker5087 7/31/04 11:31 p.m.
     Re: Is killing aliens in video games really OK?Pak 7/31/04 11:39 p.m.
     Fun stuff...gspawn 7/31/04 11:56 p.m.
           Rule BrittaniaRoss Mills [subnova] 8/1/04 2:06 a.m.
                 More technicalities...gspawn 8/1/04 2:01 p.m.
     Oh dear God, yes.Pico 8/1/04 1:26 a.m.
           i think he was being hypothetical.. *NM*hminn 8/1/04 7:54 a.m.
     If something wants me dead, I want it dead *NM*Agony 8/1/04 3:32 a.m.
     Re: Is killing aliens in video games really OK?vshields ash 8/1/04 4:43 a.m.
           Re: Is killing aliens in video games really OK?Ninja Steve 8/1/04 7:19 a.m.
     No, we NEED to kill them in games...Capo Rip 8/1/04 8:01 a.m.
     Not doing it is heresy!!! *NM*RoNe 8/1/04 10:58 a.m.
     Re: Is killing aliens in video games really OK?ThorsHammer 8/1/04 12:26 p.m.
     They started it!Desparado2K5 8/1/04 1:44 p.m.
           Or so the UNSC tells us...Capo Rip 8/1/04 5:21 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.