/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

The lost Tau Ceti AI (or not)
Posted By: General-RADIXDate: 8/30/17 8:19 p.m.

Something that's been bugging me for a while (sort of).

Last month I was plumbing the depths of HBO's forum, looking for old speculation; I found it in abundance. I also found this post by Jägermeister, trying to figure out Cortana's identity (this was written on 10/4/99); among the AIs he listed as possible candidates is someone named Hero who was supposedly on Tau Ceti and mentioned in the Lost Network Packets. (And presumably named after Hero from Much Ado About Nothing by Shakespeare)

Naturally, I was very excited over the possibility of a super-obscure canon character; a re-check of the LNP yielded nothing, however, nor did any sweeps of the Story Page or alt.games.marathon.

So, does anyone know where Jägermeister might've heard that? Did someone get their wires crossed wrt: The Security Officer being called the 'Hero of Tau Ceti'? (I would posit that someone found info on the 20/10 Scenario Pack which could've been mixed up with the LNP, but something like THAT would've been documented on the Story Page)

Not really a burning question since I strongly suspect it was just a rumour, and also I've effectively made Hero my own character.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The lost Tau Ceti AI (or not)General-RADIX 8/30/17 8:19 p.m.
     Re: The lost Tau Ceti AI (or not)Forrest of B.org 8/31/17 7:19 a.m.
           Re: The lost Tau Ceti AI (or not)General-RADIX 8/31/17 9:47 a.m.
                 Re: The lost Tau Ceti AI (or not)Durandal_1707 8/31/17 4:21 p.m.
                       Re: The lost Tau Ceti AI (or not)General-RADIX 8/31/17 5:49 p.m.
                             Re: The lost Tau Ceti AI (or not)Durandal_1707 9/3/17 2:49 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.