/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tour of Duty: Ain't My Bitch (Tempus Irae)
Posted By: VikingBoyBillyDate: 3/12/15 8:24 a.m.

In Response To: Tour of Duty: Ain't My Bitch (Tempus Irae) (Martin)

You made this map seem longer than I remembered; perhaps I forgot because all the return trips are so brief.

S'bbhuth's folly? I thought S'bbhuth was some kind of infallible being (my S'bbhuth is a rampant AI theory meter is rising). Was his folly misplacing that 'scientific treatise' he told Leonardo to write? (oops, spoilers)

I don't think I totally understood what was going on when I played it, just that S'bbhuth is credited for all of Leonardo's genius (because as the pyramids, the crystal skulls, and the giant south american animal drawings have proven to discovery channel crackpot alien theorists, humans can't do s'pht by themselves) and there's time travel, and for some reason the pfhor care about it, and there's conveniently absolutely no Italian civilians on the maps to witness the alien invasion that's happening in their country. Oh, and s'bbhuth was a little bonkers from the clan wars.

Eternal and Rubicon are the best scenarios I ever played (that's a fact, not my opinion). They feel like real sequels to the series; too bad they exist on different timelines to keep them from sharing canon. Rubicon is the epic finale promised as the followup to M2, and Eternal is Infinity on steroids.

Red and Morgana's revenge are... well, they're built on marathon's engine, they have marathon mechanics and physics, they have narrative told through terminals (that one is actually a thing ZPC lacks), but they're not marathon. They are GOOD, but they have a totally different, non-marathonish aesthetic and they mostly do their own thing. It's best to try not to think of comparing them to marathon while playing them.

All other scenarios are just average.

Maps I want:

• either mt. vesuvius part 2 or I can feel it - whichever one has the Pinky and the Brain fanfiction; or is that in mt. vesuvius part 1? S'pht, I can't remember, so I better take all of them even though I hate them for being a pain to run through and the only thing I like about them is the secret fic.

• Your eyes only

• That big, dark, confusing level I can't remember the name of. It felt sort of quakish/doom64-ish.

• Maybe rock the boat?

• Tempus Irae 2:

• The map with the tree.

• The copied and pasted quake map.

• That big, confusing last pfhor level.

• Are Hokuto and PS still on board with doing write ups? It seems like PS has settled for being the dedicated header art and map guy. I'm pretty sure there's a secret level or two I missed the first time around; should be fun to finally see those.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
    Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty: Ain't My Bitch (Tempus Irae)Martin 3/11/15 8:10 p.m.
         Re: Tour of Duty: Ain't My Bitch (Tempus Irae)VikingBoyBilly 3/12/15 8:24 a.m.
               Re: Tour of Duty: Ain't My Bitch (Tempus Irae)Martin 3/12/15 10:18 a.m.
               Re: Tour of Duty: Ain't My Bitch (Tempus Irae)PerseusSpartacus 3/14/15 9:13 p.m.
         Re: Tour of Duty: Ain't My Bitch (Tempus Irae)Hokuto 3/12/15 2:02 p.m.
               Re: Tour of Duty: Ain't My Bitch (Tempus Irae)Martin 3/12/15 3:20 p.m.
                     Re: Tour of Duty: Ain't My Bitch (Tempus Irae)VikingBoyBilly 3/12/15 7:18 p.m.
         Re: Tour of Duty: Ain't My Bitch (Tempus Irae)Lion O Cyborg 6/4/15 3:14 a.m.
               Re: Tour of Duty: Ain't My Bitch (Tempus Irae)VikingBoyBilly 6/4/15 3:29 a.m.
                     Re: Tour of Duty: Ain't My Bitch (Tempus Irae)Martin 6/4/15 4:11 a.m.
                           Re: Tour of Duty: Ain't My Bitch (Tempus Irae)VikingBoyBilly 6/4/15 6:49 a.m.
                                 Re: Tour of Duty: Ain't My Bitch (Tempus Irae)PerseusSpartacus 6/4/15 10:14 a.m.
                                       Re: Tour of Duty: Ain't My Bitch (Tempus Irae)VikingBoyBilly 6/4/15 11:39 a.m.
                                             Re: Tour of Duty: Ain't My Bitch (Tempus Irae)PerseusSpartacus 6/5/15 8:28 a.m.
                     Re: Tour of Duty: Ain't My Bitch (Tempus Irae)Lion O Cyborg 6/4/15 4:30 a.m.
                           Re: Tour of Duty: Ain't My Bitch (Tempus Irae)Martin 6/4/15 1:09 p.m.
                                 Re: Tour of Duty: Ain't My Bitch (Tempus Irae)Lion O Cyborg 6/5/15 12:56 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
    Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
    Your E-Mail Address:
    Subject:
    If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
    please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
    Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.