/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: M2 ending, Mi manual and Ne Cede Malis
Posted By: MartinDate: 4/1/14 9:21 p.m.

In Response To: Re: M2 ending, Mi manual and Ne Cede Malis (PerseusSpartacus)

: This is beginning to feel more and more like a discussion of Schrödinger's
: Cat . Now I can't stop thinking of this picture:

: Caption: The quantum-mechanical "Schrödinger's cat" paradox
: according to the many-worlds interpretation. In this interpretation, every
: event is a branch point. The cat is both alive and dead—regardless of
: whether the box is opened—but the "alive" and "dead"
: cats are in different branches of the universe that are equally real but
: cannot interact with each other.

Whereas I somehow keep coming back to Red Dwarf. It had the idea that a parallel dimension existed for every decision that was made. For ours we seem to have the base decision of Durandal or Tycho to take us with them after M1 - as far as we know, the events of M1 go unchanged among the timelines we visit.

Then we have the interactions between what Durandal and Tycho do, leading to adjustments in when we get woken up and such. We always have the humans looking for Thoth, but based on where we stand, and where our masters' priorities lie, they perform with different rates of success - we are really the serious drivers - we are destiny, and we start to realise it around Naw Man He's Close, where as far as the story is concerned, we choose to switch things up, when really we have no choice, but hey.

RD also had one instance of a White Hole, which spewed time and matter back into the universe, and made conversations repeat, and other such chaos associated with the universe having forgotten its rules, and what they could fit in a half-hour episode. Ultimately, having fixed things by blasting a planet into the hole to plug it up, the idea was that they suddenly occupied a redundant timeline, and things would rearrange themselves before reverting to the original, at a time just before the phenomenon occurred, and with its no longer being a threat in that timeline.

Which could well speak to our situation here, at least in how we get back to the end of M2 but the W'rkncacnter is not an issue. Whether that means the trih xeem is used or not, I'm not sure, but taking I guess it does, just without the W - even in AMS, Durandal says there is no sign of what S'Bhuth feared, which I always found odd given that that just meant we had been successful ... but I guess only we knew what was really going on hmmm.

But none of that helps with the initial idea of NCM's following All Roads directly - in my example there was a disturbance, in fact they were visually ripped apart and put back together to find there was a rift, standing in which made one appear to be moving and speaking more slowly, and that was what indicated something was up. For us this is slightly more severe, just suddenly being on an unknown station when we were heading ... well we didn't really know what to expect, but not that anyway. Curiouser.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

M2 ending, Mi manual and Ne Cede Malisyaco 4/1/14 1:08 p.m.
     Re: M2 ending, Mi manual and Ne Cede MalisMartin 4/1/14 2:04 p.m.
           Re: M2 ending, Mi manual and Ne Cede MalisDurandal_1707 4/1/14 2:31 p.m.
                 Re: M2 ending, Mi manual and Ne Cede MalisMartin 4/1/14 3:00 p.m.
                       Re: M2 ending, Mi manual and Ne Cede MalisPerseusSpartacus 4/1/14 3:26 p.m.
                             Re: M2 ending, Mi manual and Ne Cede MalisMartin 4/1/14 9:21 p.m.
           Re: M2 ending, Mi manual and Ne Cede Malisyaco 4/1/14 2:39 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.