/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tour of Duty - Nuke and Pave
Posted By: MartinDate: 8/21/13 1:51 p.m.

In Response To: Tour of Duty - Nuke and Pave (PerseusSpartacus)

Thanks for taking the bullet on this one. I would have gone to the trouble of another 3k worder, but the level doesn't really deserve it :). You could have taken the massive shortcut from the river out the south door and gone straight to the end area - one of your favourite tricks, jumping into the lava :D. Yes, it seems that even Greg didn't really think the level deserving of time.

As for the secret 3x charger - isn't that whole area ripped straight from one of the netmaps? Or it could be vice versa, I guess, but it feels very net-like.

As we keep saying, a very odd level - I find the disjoins quite bizarre, like you can -almost- make it up to the end terminal in a less secret manner. You might even be able to grenade up over the lava? But not quite! And there's quite a lot of space to explore, but not much going on - kind of like Medicine but without any set path at all!

And the possessed Drones are kind of underwhelming.

I'll fill in some gaps when it comes to the ultimate publication lol, but for now, I'll post C&C in a couple of days - I need to slow it down a bit for all the writing :).

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty - Nuke and PavePerseusSpartacus 8/21/13 10:54 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Nuke and PaveMartin 8/21/13 1:51 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Nuke and PavePerseusSpartacus 8/21/13 3:25 p.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - Nuke and PaveMartin 8/21/13 4:27 p.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty - Nuke and PavePerseusSpartacus 8/21/13 6:47 p.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty - Nuke and PaveFiddlerOnARoof 8/21/13 8:16 p.m.
                                   Re: Tour of Duty - Nuke and PaveMartin 8/22/13 4:02 a.m.
                                         Re: Tour of Duty - Nuke and PaveAntarctico 8/23/13 11:46 p.m.
                                               Re: Tour of Duty - Nuke and PaveVikingBoyBilly 11/4/13 3:53 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.