/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*
Posted By: PerseusSpartacusDate: 8/14/13 10:18 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG* (treellama)

Okay, just got done playing through the Win95 version of this level. There are indeed a LOT of differences. I thought I might point out some of the ones in the Arrival segment, in addition to just plain showing y'all around.

Ah, glory in the deja vu. However, you'll have a striking feeling that something is different from last time the moment you start facing enemies: their behavior is all off, the natural result of M2 lacking Glue and Superglue, the keys to M1 monster behavior.

In any case, the only terminal in this whole area is the one you start off looking at. Shall we read?

(Author's Note: My apologies for the color bleaching - it wasn't intentional, I swear.)

Interesting. But this makes us ask the question - what is real?

acropolis.piltdown//004121.25.1

Hmm...

Speaking of monster oddities, do you remember a projectile Fighter in the stairwell room? I sure don't, and I know that level like the back of my hand (which is actually true of most levels in M1; I've just played them that much).

Also, I remember this door being mostly closed when we first got to it. Now it's fully open, allowing us to just skip the whole Arrival segment. You can still operate it with the switch, but what's the point of that?

Now here's an oddity for you: the platform in this area operates differently. Instead of having a delayed activation and then coming back down, it activates the moment you step on it, and deactivates at each level. I sense the return of a suicide trap...

This door also operates weirdly. It will activate when you hit the switch, but will close back up after a second. Also, you can't jam it so it stays open. Very strange. I guess Durandal's trying to keep us on our toes.

Lastly, we have the infamous second Shotgun. Outside of this stash, there is no other ammo in the Arrival section of this level. Strange, no?

Vale,
Perseus

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*PerseusSpartacus 8/12/13 8:48 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Martin 8/13/13 3:31 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Godot 8/13/13 4:39 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Antarctico 8/13/13 5:06 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*PerseusSpartacus 8/13/13 6:06 a.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Antarctico 8/13/13 6:22 a.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*PerseusSpartacus 8/13/13 6:32 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Martin 8/13/13 11:52 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*PerseusSpartacus 8/13/13 6:00 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*treellama 8/13/13 3:54 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Godot 8/13/13 4:43 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Antarctico 8/13/13 5:09 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Godot 8/13/13 6:02 a.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*treellama 8/13/13 6:10 a.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Godot 8/13/13 6:35 a.m.
                                   Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*PerseusSpartacus 8/13/13 6:41 a.m.
                                         Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Godot 8/13/13 7:26 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Jabberwok 8/13/13 7:29 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*PerseusSpartacus 8/13/13 8:28 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*PerseusSpartacus 8/13/13 8:31 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*treellama 8/13/13 8:33 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*PerseusSpartacus 8/14/13 10:18 a.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Godot 8/14/13 11:03 a.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*PerseusSpartacus 8/14/13 12:01 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Godot 8/13/13 11:00 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*jonny 8/13/13 11:16 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Godot 8/13/13 11:22 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.