/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*
Posted By: AntarcticoDate: 8/13/13 6:22 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG* (PerseusSpartacus)

: : I'm sort of half blargh on the XBLA graphics. The wall textures and placed

: Yay! Someone actually noticed I made that! :P

I'm glad I found it! :)

: I generally play with the XBLA HUD, HD Textures, HD Weapons in Hand, and HD
: Scenery, but not the HD Monsters - partly to make things run faster, more
: just because I hate those monsters. In all honesty, without the HD
: Textures, I probably would dislike M2 - the textures are so cheesy that
: they only look good when they're hi-res, otherwise it feels like a waste.
: My opinion towards the Weapons in Hand is mixed: the Fusion Pistol and AR
: rock, but the Magnum Pistols and Fists absolutely suck. The Pistols look
: like I'm pointing them down or something, and the Fists, my god - am I
: punching or doing a gesture?

I play with the HD textures and scenery, but not with the HD weapons or critters (of course). I agree about the pistol and fist being the most objectionable -- the punches look more like something you would see in a hissy slap fight, and the pistol, really, I just cannot get over the finger-on-trigger reload animation, especially since one of my favorite WIH animations is the original M2 pistol.

About the HD wall textures, the thing that pleases me the most is how much effort was made to be faithful to the original M2 textures. It means I can enjoy a cleaner hi-res experience without the game looking too different from what I remember. It is an experience of enhanced nostalgia. :)

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*PerseusSpartacus 8/12/13 8:48 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Martin 8/13/13 3:31 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Godot 8/13/13 4:39 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Antarctico 8/13/13 5:06 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*PerseusSpartacus 8/13/13 6:06 a.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Antarctico 8/13/13 6:22 a.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*PerseusSpartacus 8/13/13 6:32 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Martin 8/13/13 11:52 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*PerseusSpartacus 8/13/13 6:00 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*treellama 8/13/13 3:54 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Godot 8/13/13 4:43 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Antarctico 8/13/13 5:09 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Godot 8/13/13 6:02 a.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*treellama 8/13/13 6:10 a.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Godot 8/13/13 6:35 a.m.
                                   Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*PerseusSpartacus 8/13/13 6:41 a.m.
                                         Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Godot 8/13/13 7:26 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Jabberwok 8/13/13 7:29 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*PerseusSpartacus 8/13/13 8:28 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*PerseusSpartacus 8/13/13 8:31 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*treellama 8/13/13 8:33 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*PerseusSpartacus 8/14/13 10:18 a.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Godot 8/14/13 11:03 a.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*PerseusSpartacus 8/14/13 12:01 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Godot 8/13/13 11:00 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*jonny 8/13/13 11:16 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - Waterloo Waterpark *LONG*Godot 8/13/13 11:22 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.