/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Lone Fisting (was: Rampant Double Fisting Acti
Posted By: PerseusSpartacusDate: 7/19/13 12:16 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Lone Fisting (was: Rampant Double Fisting Acti (Antarctico)

: About the videos, both impressive demonstrations of core vid mechanics,
: particularly using the cyborgs and enforcers against themselves to do most
: of the heavy lifting in Sorry Don't Make It So, and then in Six Thousand
: Feet Under cruising through the first half of the level without taking a
: scratch -- woo! The only two nits I have to pick would be Jim was hugging
: the shield recharger a little hard and tight in Sorry Don't Make It So,
: and in Six Thousand Feet Under he seriously reduced the vid-ness of his
: performance when he went back to the lava flood switch near the end six
: times or so trying to flood out the tele-spawning Mr. Cyborgs. But then
: again, these movies are almost 20 years old, and at this point ol' Jim
: most likely has kids in high school, so I should probably just STFU. ;)

I personally don't think that hugging the recharger on Sorry Don't Make It So is that much of a problem. Indeed, from what I can tell, it's an absolute necessity: I was playing on Normal, doing great for the first half - then I got trapped by Enforcers and Fighters and smoked within seconds. If you are to have any chance of surviving any mistakes, you'll need to hug the recharger as tightly as possible, especially for the second half.

As for Six Thousand Feet Under, I think the last part doesn't really detract from the video too much - you can easily skip past if you want and just assume he made it to the end, and pay more attention to the vidding technique shown in the first half of the level.

Vale,
Perseus

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rampant Double Fisting Action!!!Godot 7/16/13 11:26 p.m.
     Re: Rampant Double Fisting Action!!!Narcogen 7/16/13 11:54 p.m.
           Re: Rampant Double Fisting Action!!!PerseusSpartacus 7/17/13 4:10 a.m.
                 Re: Rampant Double Fisting Action!!!Narcogen 7/17/13 4:24 p.m.
     Lone Fisting (was: Rampant Double Fisting Action!)Antarctico 7/18/13 12:11 p.m.
           Re: Lone Fisting (was: Rampant Double Fisting ActiGodot 7/18/13 12:51 p.m.
                 Re: Lone Fisting (was: Rampant Double Fisting ActiAntarctico 7/18/13 1:01 p.m.
                       Re: Lone Fisting (was: Rampant Double Fisting ActiGodot 7/18/13 1:20 p.m.
                             Re: Lone Fisting (was: Rampant Double Fisting ActiAntarctico 7/18/13 3:05 p.m.
                                   Re: Lone Fisting (was: Rampant Double Fisting ActiPerseusSpartacus 7/18/13 3:24 p.m.
                                         Re: Lone Fisting (was: Rampant Double Fisting ActiAntarctico 7/19/13 3:46 a.m.
                                               Re: Lone Fisting (was: Rampant Double Fisting ActiPerseusSpartacus 7/19/13 12:16 p.m.
                                   Re: Lone Fisting (was: Rampant Double Fisting ActiGodot 7/19/13 1:17 a.m.
                                         Re: Lone Fisting (was: Rampant Double Fisting ActiAntarctico 7/19/13 3:50 a.m.
           Re: Lone Fisting (was: Rampant Double Fisting ActiNarcogen 7/19/13 3:00 a.m.
                 Re: Lone Fisting (was: Rampant Double Fisting ActiAntarctico 7/19/13 3:56 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.