/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Uh...
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 1/13/05 11:27 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Uh... (Steve Levinson)

: There are two issues - the names of the files associated with your scenario
: and the unique identity of the app. The former is easy to take care of in
: MML script - e-mail me if you need to know how, as posting MML here is
: problematic as you know. The latter still involves type and creator codes.
: In other words, if you want an Eternal saved game to open in Eternal
: rather than another version of AO when double-clicked, you will need to
: give the Eternal app it's own unique creator code that is different from
: the 26.A used by AO. If need be, I can give you some help with that as
: well.

That's what I'm saying - I *have* changed the creator code, but it's not affecting the saved files. You'll note that in Mk V, all the Eternal files have unique Eternal icons (as does the app of course), which is because Eternal has it's own icons in the app bundle, and it's own creator code, and the files were all given that creator code. But saved files don't take it for some reason... if I change the creator code of an already-created file, it takes the Eternal icon and opens in Eternal when double-clicked, but it won't save new files with that code already on them.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Problems with Trilogy Releasereagan64 1/13/05 10:37 a.m.
     Re: Problems with Trilogy ReleaseForrest of B.org 1/13/05 10:41 a.m.
           Re: Problems with Trilogy Release *NM*reagan64 1/13/05 10:44 a.m.
                 Yes *NM*reagan64 1/13/05 10:56 a.m.
                       Umm, can you tell us what the error is? *NM*Me_43 1/13/05 11:11 a.m.
                             Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?reagan64 1/13/05 11:15 a.m.
                                   Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?Me_43 1/13/05 12:43 p.m.
                                         Or... get a Mac! ;^p *NM*ukimalefu 1/13/05 1:03 p.m.
                                         Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?reagan64 1/13/05 1:11 p.m.
                                               Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?Forrest of B.org 1/13/05 1:34 p.m.
                                                     Reinstalled, Infinity works, M2 does not. *NM*reagan64 1/13/05 3:22 p.m.
                                                           Re: Reinstalled, Infinity works, M2 does not.Forrest of B.org 1/13/05 3:49 p.m.
                                                                 Uh...reagan64 1/13/05 4:33 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Uh...Forrest of B.org 1/13/05 5:44 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Uh...Steve Levinson 1/13/05 7:35 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Uh...Forrest of B.org 1/13/05 9:24 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Uh...Steve Levinson 1/13/05 11:03 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Uh...Forrest of B.org 1/13/05 11:27 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Uh...Steve Levinson 1/14/05 11:57 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Uh...Me_43 1/14/05 1:38 p.m.
                                                     Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?Me_43 1/13/05 3:46 p.m.
                                                           Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?Forrest of B.org 1/13/05 3:56 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?Me_43 1/14/05 1:24 p.m.
                                                     Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?ukimalefu 1/13/05 4:15 p.m.
     Works now.reagan64 1/14/05 7:33 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.