/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Uh...
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 1/13/05 5:44 p.m.

In Response To: Uh... (reagan64)

: I don't know where to begin. I downloaded marathon2.zip and put it in my
: alephone directory, i downloaded infinity.zip and put it in another
: alephone copy. Thats it, one works one does not. All the standard M1A1
: files and folders plus the maps and shapes and such, looks fine in prefs.

I'm a little confused about "all the standard M1A1 files and folder"... do you just mean there's a "Map" file, "Shapes" file, etc, or that you're using the same "MML" folder and everything from your M1A1 folder? To be clear so that there's no confusion: "M1A1" is a specific set of Map, Shapes, Sounds, Music, Images, and Physics files, along with a specific set of scripts in the "MML" folder, which together are what is called in Marathon parlance a "scenario". All the Marathon2 files you downloaded are another scenario, and the Infinity files are a third scenario. The program that runs these scenarios is called Aleph One. Just getting all our terms clear so everybody understands one another :-)

Each scenario needs to be in it's own folder with a fresh copy of Aleph One and it's default scripts (the M1A1 scripts will mess up M2 or Infinity). It sounds like you already did this part right, so it's very strange that one would work and one wouldn't.

By the way, what I meant by resetting everything in the prefs, is to actually click each menu item in Environment, even if it looks fine, and select the one option (there should be only one) in there over again. Sometimes Aleph One will try to play the maps and such from a DIFFERENT Aleph One folder, which can cause problems, so even if they look perfectly fine, actually reselecting them again can sometimes fix things.

Hope this helps,

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Problems with Trilogy Releasereagan64 1/13/05 10:37 a.m.
     Re: Problems with Trilogy ReleaseForrest of B.org 1/13/05 10:41 a.m.
           Re: Problems with Trilogy Release *NM*reagan64 1/13/05 10:44 a.m.
                 Yes *NM*reagan64 1/13/05 10:56 a.m.
                       Umm, can you tell us what the error is? *NM*Me_43 1/13/05 11:11 a.m.
                             Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?reagan64 1/13/05 11:15 a.m.
                                   Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?Me_43 1/13/05 12:43 p.m.
                                         Or... get a Mac! ;^p *NM*ukimalefu 1/13/05 1:03 p.m.
                                         Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?reagan64 1/13/05 1:11 p.m.
                                               Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?Forrest of B.org 1/13/05 1:34 p.m.
                                                     Reinstalled, Infinity works, M2 does not. *NM*reagan64 1/13/05 3:22 p.m.
                                                           Re: Reinstalled, Infinity works, M2 does not.Forrest of B.org 1/13/05 3:49 p.m.
                                                                 Uh...reagan64 1/13/05 4:33 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Uh...Forrest of B.org 1/13/05 5:44 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Uh...Steve Levinson 1/13/05 7:35 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Uh...Forrest of B.org 1/13/05 9:24 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Uh...Steve Levinson 1/13/05 11:03 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Uh...Forrest of B.org 1/13/05 11:27 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Uh...Steve Levinson 1/14/05 11:57 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Uh...Me_43 1/14/05 1:38 p.m.
                                                     Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?Me_43 1/13/05 3:46 p.m.
                                                           Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?Forrest of B.org 1/13/05 3:56 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?Me_43 1/14/05 1:24 p.m.
                                                     Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?ukimalefu 1/13/05 4:15 p.m.
     Works now.reagan64 1/14/05 7:33 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.