/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 1/13/05 1:34 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is? (reagan64)

: I think Im using M1A1, it works with M2 files, right?

"M1A1" is just a set of data files, the Marathon 1 files ported to the Aleph One engine.

The M2 files are another set of files like M1A1.

You should put your M2 files in a folder of their own, and then put a copy of the Aleph One application (either copy the one in your M1A1 folder, or download it again) in that folder.

If you get the Infinity files, put them in their own folder with their own copy of Aleph One.

Honestly, someone needs to make FULLY FUNCTIONAL, READY TO PLAY install packages of all three games for Mac and Windows, and link them somewhere easy to find, like the front page of Marathon.Bungie.Org. That means six archives, each one with a copy of Aleph One already in it (and renamed for that version of the game), and the appropriate Map, Shapes, Sounds, Music, etc for that game.

New players like Mr. Reagan here should only have to download one thing, unzip it, and double-click "Marathon" or "Marathon 2" or whatever, and be playing. If I can do it with Eternal, there's no reason not to do it for the original trilogy. I'll do it myself if need be.

And for god's sake, whoever puts together the SDL version of Aleph One, clean up your damn docs folder. There's duplicates of duplicates nested inside each other and scattered all of the place.

Seriously some people just can't organize worth shit.

-Fobo is a neat freak

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Problems with Trilogy Releasereagan64 1/13/05 10:37 a.m.
     Re: Problems with Trilogy ReleaseForrest of B.org 1/13/05 10:41 a.m.
           Re: Problems with Trilogy Release *NM*reagan64 1/13/05 10:44 a.m.
                 Yes *NM*reagan64 1/13/05 10:56 a.m.
                       Umm, can you tell us what the error is? *NM*Me_43 1/13/05 11:11 a.m.
                             Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?reagan64 1/13/05 11:15 a.m.
                                   Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?Me_43 1/13/05 12:43 p.m.
                                         Or... get a Mac! ;^p *NM*ukimalefu 1/13/05 1:03 p.m.
                                         Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?reagan64 1/13/05 1:11 p.m.
                                               Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?Forrest of B.org 1/13/05 1:34 p.m.
                                                     Reinstalled, Infinity works, M2 does not. *NM*reagan64 1/13/05 3:22 p.m.
                                                           Re: Reinstalled, Infinity works, M2 does not.Forrest of B.org 1/13/05 3:49 p.m.
                                                                 Uh...reagan64 1/13/05 4:33 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Uh...Forrest of B.org 1/13/05 5:44 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Uh...Steve Levinson 1/13/05 7:35 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Uh...Forrest of B.org 1/13/05 9:24 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Uh...Steve Levinson 1/13/05 11:03 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Uh...Forrest of B.org 1/13/05 11:27 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Uh...Steve Levinson 1/14/05 11:57 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Uh...Me_43 1/14/05 1:38 p.m.
                                                     Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?Me_43 1/13/05 3:46 p.m.
                                                           Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?Forrest of B.org 1/13/05 3:56 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?Me_43 1/14/05 1:24 p.m.
                                                     Re: Umm, can you tell us what the error is?ukimalefu 1/13/05 4:15 p.m.
     Works now.reagan64 1/14/05 7:33 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.