Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Funny yet explanable...
Posted By: Louis Wu <halo@bungie.org>Date: 11/11/02 3:42 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Funny yet explanable... (Hedgemony)

: They do it on the other side of the room as well. The funniest part is that
: there are no holes in the wall for them to fly through.

: 343GS probably teleports them into the POA but makes a slight error in
: calculation, teleporting them half into the wall, half outside the wall.

: Instant death on materialising.

Hmm. Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my description.

If you watch the final explosion in the movie, it becomes a bit clearer. I suppose what I should have done was allow one batch through...

Okay. The player enters the small room, jumps up on the broken piece of machinery, then onto the ledge. From there, he has two places to stand; the lower ledge (where you first jump to) or the upper one (which you can walk to from the lower one).

If you remain on the lower one, never touching the slanted ramp, and shooting flood periodically in order to induce the Sentinels to spawn, they'll be generated in groups of four, in the far corner, then fly (as a group) along the wall, passing through the area covered by the upper ledge. Most of the time (almost all? all?) they'll get out into the open area without mishap. From there, they'll attack flood, and sometimes you.

Stand on the upper ledge, and they'll explode upon generation, 100% of the time. (They spawn in the far corner; you could get up there with a grenade jump, I suppose, but since you can simply hop up to the side I was on, that's what I did. :) ) You're nowhere near their spawn site... but you're in the route they travel to get out into the room.

What I tried to do on that last bit, since it's hard to see the spawning on such a small screen, was to let them get into view, and then begin to walk up to the upper ledge. I hit some trigger distance... and boom. They blew up.

This is 100% reproducible. And this is what's bizarre.

I don't think your explanation covers the facts. :)

Play with it a bit yourself, and see what you think. :)

Message Index

Replies:

Odd occurance on the MawRitalin 11/10/02 3:35 p.m.
     Re: Odd occurance on the MawRandom Hero 11/10/02 4:06 p.m.
           Re: Odd occurance on the MawHedgemony 11/10/02 5:21 p.m.
                 Re: Odd occurance on the MawRitalin 11/10/02 5:25 p.m.
                       Re: Odd occurance on the MawLouis Wu 11/10/02 8:04 p.m.
                             Re: Odd occurance on the MawRitalin 11/10/02 10:36 p.m.
                             Re: Odd occurance on the MawNarcogen 11/12/02 3:53 a.m.
                                   Re: Odd occurance on the MawLouis Wu 11/12/02 4:00 a.m.
                                         Re: Odd occurance on the MawNarcogen 11/12/02 4:05 a.m.
                                               Re: Odd occurance on the MawLouis Wu 11/12/02 4:13 a.m.
     Re: Odd occurance on the MawLouis Wu 11/11/02 1:52 p.m.
           That's hilarious! *NM*Red Loser 11/11/02 2:02 p.m.
           Hehe Yes it is. Nice find! *NM*Elan Sleazbagano 11/11/02 3:06 p.m.
                 Re: Funny yet explanable...Hedgemony 11/11/02 3:21 p.m.
                       Re: Funny yet explanable...Louis Wu 11/11/02 3:42 p.m.
                             Re: Funny yet explanable...Ross Mills 11/11/02 4:32 p.m.
                                   Re: Funny yet explanable...Louis Wu 11/11/02 5:42 p.m.
                                         Re: Funny yet explanable...Red Loser 11/11/02 7:45 p.m.
                             Re: Funny yet explanable...Knight Premier 11/11/02 6:10 p.m.
           Re: Odd occurance on the MawRitalin 11/11/02 5:32 p.m.
                 More discoveriesRitalin 11/11/02 8:11 p.m.
     Re: Odd occurance on the MawSMcDougal 11/11/02 5:07 p.m.
     Re: Odd occurance on the MawKnight Premier 11/11/02 6:01 p.m.
           Re: Odd occurance on the MawJoe Moore 11/11/02 6:29 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.