Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

shooting stars on halo
Posted By: Dark Angel §Date: 4/6/02 8:58 p.m.

after spending 4 hours searching the level halo i've found a few things but my favorite one is shooting stars. you may think im talking about the 'blue beams' but these are different. these go horrizontally accross the sky at an xtremely high rate of speed. i don't have a capture device of any kind to take a pic of it. and you have to stand in a certain spot to see them. problem is its hard to describe the location for someone else to take a picture of it. there is a very hard to reach ledge right off the side of the cliff near the marines inside the building. near the entrence next to the cliff to the underground portion. if you look over to the left while standing at the very edge of the cliff you'll see a ledge. drive the warthog off the cliff onto the ledge. jump out as soon as you hit the ledge cuz the warthog cant stay on and will fall off. if your lucky you will survive. then walk along the ledge a lil bit then stare at the sky shortly after 1-10 shooting stars will fly accross the sky. i've reverted to save at least 50 times doing this and it will work 75% of the time not every time. im not sure if it has to be like this but this is how i was when i saw it. i saved all the other groups of marines, easy difficulty(was explorin not killin), and all the enemies in the area of the last marines near the ledge were alive.

the other things i found were 2 non textured areas seeable other than from the top of halo. if you stand on almost any rock on the level you will turn dark colored. if you zoom in with the sniper rifle at a large cluster of stars it will look like "waves" are flowing through them to make them twinkle.

i know my description of how to get the shooting stars isn't very good but the ledge is very hard to describe without a video. the shooting stars look like plasma rifle bolts shooting accross the sky a helluva lot faster and a helluva lot farther.

i will gladly share the finding with anyone that understands me and can post a video.

Message Index

Replies:

shooting stars on haloDark Angel § 4/6/02 8:58 p.m.
     Re: shooting stars on haloLouis Wu 4/8/02 10:41 a.m.
           Re: shooting stars on haloFrogBlast 4/8/02 12:41 p.m.
                 Re: shooting stars on haloWarbow 4/8/02 12:46 p.m.
                       Re: shooting stars on haloDark Angel § 4/8/02 3:21 p.m.
                             Re: shooting stars on halowheeler 7/23/02 2:04 a.m.
                                   Re: shooting stars on haloShishka 7/23/02 2:23 a.m.
                                         Re: shooting stars on haloDark Angel § 7/24/02 5:09 a.m.
                                               Re: shooting stars on haloDark Angel § 7/24/02 5:13 a.m.
                                                     Re: shooting stars on haloDark Angel § 7/24/02 5:14 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.