Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Strategy tip, LONNNG, please provide input *SP
Posted By: M.A.G <M.A.G@attbi.com>Date: 3/26/02 3:40 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Strategy tip, LONNNG, please provide input *SP (Resistivity)

In The Library you have a couple of different spots that you are told to hold your position. If I remember correctly there is only one area that you can't retreat backwards as soon as you get readings on your radar.
It is the area that you pass into through the partially opened door with a closed door in front. As soon as you are directed to hold steady the door behind closes and the Flood fill the area.
I have found that it is best to immediatly run up to the closed door and to the right. If you get all of the way back into the corner the Flood don't notice you right away and you can pitch some Frags and Plasmas into the fray. This will eliminate quite a few of them.
Once the remaining Flood notice you, all you have to do is hold off their attack at a narrow opening. Be sure to get the Exploders as soon as they round the corner (not only will it keep them away, it will kill many near them), and watch for any jumping growlies (as my kids call them).
Hope this helps, I have found it very effective.

: What about those areas on the Library where you are forced to wait until the
: Monitor opens the door? Especially the one where there are two large doors
: on either side, and two of those tubes where the Flood come out? There's
: nowhere to run to. I think a strategy for this and other areas like it
: would be a real help to those stuck in the Library. I remember that that's
: where I would get stuck for a while...

Message Index

Replies:

Strategy tip, LONNNG, please provide input *SP*protexts 3/25/02 2:42 p.m.
     *Applause*Parias 3/25/02 3:04 p.m.
     Re: Strategy tip, LONNNG, please provide input *SPSwordsman 3/25/02 6:58 p.m.
     Re: Strategy tip, LONNNG, please provide input *SPPyronexus 3/26/02 1:17 a.m.
     Re: Strategy tip, LONNNG, please provide input *SPWes Marden 3/26/02 2:34 a.m.
           Re: Strategy tip, LONNNG, please provide input *SPprotexts 3/26/02 11:38 a.m.
                 Re: Strategy tip, LONNNG, please provide input *SPResistivity 3/26/02 1:04 p.m.
                       Re: Strategy tip, LONNNG, please provide input *SPM.A.G 3/26/02 3:40 p.m.
                             Don't kill jumping growlies with stickydooms!Louis Wu 3/26/02 3:47 p.m.
                                   Re: Don't kill jumping growlies with stickydooms!M.A.G 3/26/02 4:06 p.m.
                                         Re: Don't kill jumping growlies with stickydooms!Louis Wu 3/26/02 4:37 p.m.
                             Re: Strategy tip, LONNNG, please provide input *SPTrey Ikon 3/26/02 4:03 p.m.
                       Re: Strategy tip, LONNNG, please provide input *SPprotexts 3/26/02 4:27 p.m.
     Re: Strategy tip, LONNNG, please provide input *SPAsmodeus 3/26/02 5:31 p.m.
           Thanks. Will be adding. *NM*protexts 3/27/02 4:26 a.m.
           Yep, Cortana calls it your motion tracker *NM*Asmodeus 3/27/02 5:05 p.m.
     So you want to play Halo on Legendary..Pfhoenix 3/27/02 6:56 p.m.
           Re: So you want to play Halo on Legendary..vector40 3/27/02 7:14 p.m.
           Re: So you want to play Halo on Legendary..Resistivity 3/29/02 3:53 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.