Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Please, please, PLEASE, stop.
Posted By: ThePerfectCoreDate: 2/11/02 3:14 p.m.

In Response To: Halo, A Marines Journal (Covenant Elite)

You sound like me when this horrible excuse for a public edu-ma-cation system expects me to do some TAAS writing about Jill and her fucking cat. With no heart or motivation, it sounds like crap. It ends up being,

"Jill and her cat were best friends. One day, they were in a train wreck. Their car was completely smashed by the 1000 ton freight train. Then it exploded. Then the city exploded. Then World War III came. Then nuclear holocaust killed everone.

The End."

Seriously, though.

Your story sounds like you're writing it because you have to, not because you want to.

"Whew! Finally finished all that writing, at least I’ve kept up to date since my last journal. I’ve finally been accepted onto the Autumn, same goes with my squad, I hear we’ll be carrying Spartan’s for a mission, but it’s all “Hush, Hush.”

This should be written with WAY more heart and depth.

No one says, "Whew!" when they're starting an entry, especially if they are literally WRITING it out by hand. I do it on my Palm Pilot with the special folding keyboard, but that's another story.

This SHOULD read

"It's a wonder I've been able to keep up with my journal writing, what with all this excitment lately. Believe it or not, I've been re-assigned to a squad based on the Pillar of Autumn. They tell me the Captain is a real hard-ass. A few Spartans are rumored to be on-board as well, although God knows I'll probably never see any of them. Hell, I doubt if the rumor is anymore than just that - nothing. Asking about them is one good way to get anyone higher than a Squad Leader to shut up."

Please, if you're going to write something like this, don't disgrace the very creation that gave you the idea in the first place.

Once again, I'll state this - I think there should be an intelligence test to pass before you're allowed to play with toys as cool as the Xbox.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo, A Marines JournalCovenant Elite 2/11/02 1:11 p.m.
     Kewl! Heheh... keep it coming! *NM*NthDegree256 2/11/02 2:19 p.m.
     Please, please, PLEASE, stop.ThePerfectCore 2/11/02 3:14 p.m.
           Re: Please, please, PLEASE, stop.Covenant Elite 2/11/02 4:27 p.m.
                 Re: Please, please, PLEASE, stop.ThePerfectCore 2/11/02 4:45 p.m.
                       Personally, I like the way it sounds.NthDegree256 2/12/02 3:13 p.m.
           Re: Please, please, PLEASE, stop.Spongecake 2/11/02 4:32 p.m.
                 Yessirpoena.dare #CP#g 2/11/02 5:15 p.m.
                       Damn straightThePerfectCore 2/11/02 5:26 p.m.
                       Re: YessirLouis Wu 2/11/02 5:38 p.m.
     I thought I liked Halo! *NM*Peters 2/11/02 3:30 p.m.
     Re: Halo, A Marines Journalvector40 2/11/02 9:06 p.m.
           Oh no, not ANOTHER one! D-:ThePerfectCore 2/12/02 6:37 a.m.
                 Re: Oh no, not ANOTHER one! D-:Covenant Elite 2/12/02 4:48 p.m.
                 What? Writers? Shame. *NM*vector40 2/12/02 9:20 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.