Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: HALO the movie
Posted By: carrim <xel333@hotmail.com>Date: 1/30/02 5:33 p.m.

In Response To: Re: HALO the movie (Louis Wu)

It will never happen because the movie would NOT be good, before you flame let me explain.

First, think of a game like Resident Evil (which there is a movie coming out for). It is based roughly in the same time period as now and has a plot that is simple to break down and still enjoy (scary virus does bad things).

There is no way in hell that a movie would be able to convey the insane amount of backstory that Bungie puts into its games within 3 hours (a long movie). If it just threw you into the action you would be somewhat dumb-struck. Even movies like Star Wars had a simple backstory to swallow, it was the basic big evil empire versus "the little guy". Even "the force" was a simple enough idea.

Now, the humans vs. Covenant would be simple enough to get across but the whole SPARTAN thing would take some well placed dialogue to explain, as well as the deal with the AI's. Plus (unlike in the game) Cortana would not be able to just say "it's Forerunner". people would be wondering if they missed something.

I could rant for much longer but I will try to finish it off now...

A movie would not do HALO justice and if they botched it up it would make everyone very mad. As a side note, you may have guessed I spend a fair bit of time in the movie industry lol.

Message Index

Replies:

HALO the movies.hill 1/30/02 1:35 p.m.
     Re: HALO the movieFunky J 1/30/02 1:51 p.m.
           Re: HALO the movieLouis Wu 1/30/02 2:24 p.m.
                 Re: HALO the moviecarrim 1/30/02 5:33 p.m.
                       Re: HALO the movieMark Levin 1/30/02 6:30 p.m.
                             Re: HALO the movieMatt 1/30/02 6:58 p.m.
                                   Re: Hallelujah!!!! *NM*kayas 1/30/02 8:46 p.m.
                                         Damnit!Sol 1/31/02 2:56 p.m.
                                               Re: Damnit!Omniscient The Man In Need of Help 1/31/02 3:10 p.m.
                                         Microsoft ResponeMicrosoftMediaRep 1/31/02 6:06 p.m.
                                               LOL, CEO of PR????Gitaroo Man 1/31/02 6:53 p.m.
                                                     Re: LOL, CEO of PR????vector40 1/31/02 7:19 p.m.
                                                           Re: LOL, CEO of PR????.... Yo....Douglas 1/31/02 11:33 p.m.
                       Re: HALO the movieBachus 1/31/02 3:11 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.