Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Gamespot misses mark with Halo!!!!
Posted By: BIGwooly <cosselt@earthlink.net>Date: 12/27/01 4:21 p.m.

In Response To: Gamespot misses mark with Halo!!!! (Mr Yun)

I most emphatically agree. I just read through the awards before spotting this post. MGS2 is supposed to have pretty amazing sound detail, so maybe that's why it won that category. But graphics, how can Halo not win on graphics? And winning 3rd best overall, getting beat by Tony Hawk, a skateboarding game? Did the testers completely ignore the multiplayer aspects of Halo? Did they neglect to notice how intelligently the AI controls alien fighting? Did they not notice the incredible large battles that can take place in Halo, complete with 4-way-fighting and explosions and interactive vehicles (including flying vehicles)? Did they not enjoy playing HUGE missions that loaded checkpoints in a split second rather than making you play 10 'miniature' levels to complete a mission? Did they forget the cool story plot of Halo, that harkens back to the days of the Marathon Trilogy and looks forward to the future of Halo 2? If MGS2 took 1st and Halo took second, I would still be upset, but a skateboarding game beats both? What kind of morons are running this awards show?

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but almost all of the games mentioned and awarded were for PS2. I don't see how games from outdated systems could possibly beat out brand new games for more capable systems. Gamespot has dissapointed me greatly.

Message Index

Replies:

Game spot Hawards: And the winner is...RAZORBACK 12/27/01 8:57 a.m.
     Gamespot misses mark with Halo!!!!Mr Yun 12/27/01 10:05 a.m.
           Re: Gamespot misses mark with Halo!!!!BIGwooly 12/27/01 4:21 p.m.
                 Re: Gamespot misses mark with Halo!!!!Tycho7en 12/27/01 4:45 p.m.
                 Re: Gamespot misses mark with Halo!!!!RAZORBACK 12/28/01 3:30 a.m.
                       Re: Gamespot misses mark with Halo!!!!BIGwooly 12/28/01 11:06 a.m.
                             Re: Gamespot misses mark with Halo!!!!Razorback 12/28/01 2:04 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.