Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Some Major Problems with Saving
Posted By: PfhorDate: 11/17/01 12:46 p.m.

After playing Halo a bit, I learned that Bungie didn't do an adequate enough job with the saving system, for example-

1. You can only save one checkpoint during Halo. This truly sucks.

2. The only way to quit a game is to save your last checkpoint. This isn't that bad, but there should be an option to quit and don't save. Say you want to replay that last checkpoint even though you passed it. Well you are screwed buddy. The only thing I can come up with to solve this is to save and quit a checkpoint, and when you want to play it again, restart the Xbox.

3. Going back to play an old chapter will erase your present game, that is if you save it when quitting (I believe so). :(

4. You cannot save a checkpoint in co-op. I hope this isn't true.

Putting those aside, this is hands-down the best damn game ever! I am having so much fun on Legendary mode, I really feel like I am part of this war!

Me and my friend were debating before if Halo didn't have vehicles, it would not be the best FPS. Before extensively playing it, my friend didn't think so. Well after last night, he would agree no matter what, Halo is the best FPS. We started up a multiplayer game last night just to see how some stuff work (like firing and reloading guns, explosion and collisions, etc.), and all I can say is WOW!!! Check out the detail they put into the rocket launcher alone, and you will know what I mean.

Back to trying to figure out how to get out of the Covenant docking station on Legendary!

Message Index

Replies:

Some Major Problems with SavingPfhor 11/17/01 12:46 p.m.
     The price of speedFlawless Cowboy 11/17/01 4:18 p.m.
           Quick Question Case...Pfhor 11/17/01 6:15 p.m.
                 SpoilersFlawless Cowboy 11/17/01 6:38 p.m.
                       Re: SpoilersPfhor 11/17/01 7:57 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.