Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

7:08 26 kills
Posted By: scarabDate: 2/11/13 4:15 p.m.

In Response To: 7:50! (RC Master)

Ammo perk, mobility and autoturret (didn't need the turret).

I picked up the BR from the cave crates and used it to kill nearby spheres.

You can kill all but one sphere by moving right -> left (facing away from cave wall, looking towards opposite side of map). Just take out:

1. cave sphere
  2. its companion
  3. edge out to take one of the leftmost turrets spheres
  4. go further right to take out both of rightmost turrets spheres (you do NOT need to bother with the arch and its rock. Just don't go that close and you won't be shot at. You can see both spheres from roughly the same location.
  5. go back to first plateau and equip carbine. Go to rightmost plateau rock cleft and take out last, leftmost turret's, sphere
Then leg it back to Hog. You are close enough to get there quickly.

The leftmost turrets guards often linger at the turret.

Pick up gunner and maybe passenger. Rush to Phantom drop off point. Chances are it wont discharge passengers. Let your gunner kill Wraith. You may need to get out to check that he shoots Wraith and not Phantom. It's a PITA if he fixates on the Phantom.

The Wraith will not drop its soldiers whilst you are in that area.

Go back to leftmost turret to kill its guards. I stayed low, didn't take the high roads.

Return to LZ to kill reinforcements that the Wraith has now dropped off. Only the Hunters are a danger. Keep moving. Though I did ram the Hunters to kill them quicker (Not recommended for a safe run).

So you can do this fast and safe. I would have been faster if I'd jumped out and took out the watchers. They shielded Elites about three times so they lived longer.

How do you get the wheelman perk? Is it unlocked at high Spartan levels? Would it help?

I think that an oober kewl Wraith hijack could be faster but I kept being pwned by it.

Message Index

Replies:

Majestic Rescue: more fun on foot.scarab 2/5/13 3:32 p.m.
     Re: Majestic Rescue: more fun on foot.munky-058 2/5/13 3:56 p.m.
           Re: Majestic Rescue: more fun on foot.bluerunner 2/5/13 4:20 p.m.
                 Re: Majestic Rescue: more fun on foot.scarab 2/5/13 4:29 p.m.
                       Re: Majestic Rescue: more fun on foot.Phoenix_9286 2/5/13 5:59 p.m.
                             Legendary 9:20 no deathsscarab 2/5/13 6:36 p.m.
                                   Re: Legendary 9:20 no deathsPhoenix_9286 2/5/13 7:27 p.m.
                                         Re: Legendary 9:20 no deathsscarab 2/5/13 7:35 p.m.
                                   7:50!RC Master 2/6/13 2:06 p.m.
                                         Here will be finescarab 2/6/13 2:55 p.m.
                                         7:08 26 killsscarab 2/11/13 4:15 p.m.
                                               Re: 7:08 26 killsscarab 2/11/13 4:42 p.m.
                                               Nice!RC Master 2/11/13 5:04 p.m.
                 Try it again on foot, see my Legendary comment *NM*scarab 2/5/13 4:30 p.m.
           Super easy on Legendaryscarab 2/5/13 4:25 p.m.
     Replayed on Heroic: much easier on footscarab 2/5/13 3:56 p.m.
           Re: Replayed on Heroic: much easier on footSonGoharotto 2/5/13 9:05 p.m.
                 Re: Replayed on Heroic: much easier on footZackDark 2/5/13 9:34 p.m.
                       Re: Replayed on Heroic: much easier on footSonGoharotto 2/5/13 10:24 p.m.
                 Re: Replayed on Heroic: much easier on footscarab 2/6/13 3:32 a.m.
     Here's what you do, 343Azo 'Galvat 2/5/13 11:34 p.m.
           Re: Here's what you do, 343General Vagueness 2/6/13 12:13 a.m.
           Re: Here's what you do, 343GrimBrother One 2/6/13 10:15 a.m.
           Re: Here's what you do, 343SonGoharotto 2/6/13 11:11 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.