Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo 4 Review- the honest truth (opinion reall
Posted By: Ragashingo <ragashingo@mac.com>Date: 1/20/13 4:16 p.m.

In Response To: Halo 4 Review- the honest truth (opinion really) (drossello)

Great review.

I agree about the music. Some of it is pretty good in Halo 4, but it all kinda runs together. And the lack of a pulse pounding theme was sorely missed. Halo 1, as mentioned, had Rock Anthem for Saving the World, and Halo 3 did great with a pulsing Halo theme during the two Scarbs part.

Composer is my favorite level. I think the combination of good level design, with the Covenant as enemies, and with other things going on (like the marines and scientists already engaged/under attack) made it feel the best out of all of them.

I think the Knight's teleport would be less frustrating with just a couple of changes. 1. Teleporting resets or lengthens their shield recharge time. Right now it feels like you get through their shields and are about to win and they teleport around a corner and recharge before you can find them. It feels like they cheat where an Elite that flees is still vulnerable for a good bit. 2. Maybe show where they are going a bit more. Right now it's like they show their initial direction with the teleport animation, like going straight back, but then they end up above you on a ramp to the left. It's confusing enough that I sometimes wonder if I'm fighting the same Knight or another one that was already over there. Showing a trail all the way to their end point or having the initial animation point you in the correct direction should make it less frustrating.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo 4 Review- the honest truth (opinion really)drossello 1/20/13 1:32 p.m.
     Title made me lol *NM*TDSpiral 1/20/13 2:02 p.m.
     Re: Halo 4 Review- the honest truth (opinion reallRagashingo 1/20/13 4:16 p.m.
     Re: Halo 4 Review- the honest truth (opinion reallCody Miller 1/20/13 9:36 p.m.
           Hmmm... *OT*Firestorm12 1/20/13 11:42 p.m.
                 Re: Hmmm... *OT*Flynn J Taggart 1/21/13 12:28 a.m.
                       Re: Hmmm... *OT*Firestorm12 1/21/13 1:15 a.m.
           Excellent post. *NM*Kermit 1/21/13 6:30 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.