Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Yet more Halo 4 thoughts *SP* *long* *IMG*
Posted By: ArithmomaniacDate: 11/25/12 2:34 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Yet more Halo 4 thoughts *SP* *long* *IMG* (Lurono)

: Hmm... I'm curious about what you thought of them on Heroic/Legendary. I
: still haven't played the game below Heroic (aside from running around on
: Easy to gather remaining terminals).

I'm not good enough to play above Normal. Really. (When I play a Halo game on Heroic, it takes me 3-4 tries to clear out every room after the first couple of levels in the game.)

: /Also: a CRT? Damn son, you need to upgrade! =P Hell, most people my age
: couldn't even tell you what CRT stands for! You shouldn't be such a
: disgrace to us young'uns!

I'm a boarder on a budget. I'm lucky my hosts have a TV at all.

: I'm betting that much of this will be handled in Silentium and K-5 book 3.
: Sure, 343i has said that story is important and that they want to make
: their games be a stand alone experience, but I won't complain if they end
: up being things that you can only understand by having read the previous
: books. Maybe I'm an elitist in that way, ormaybe I understand that most
: people don't care about SP and that I appreciate the care that story is
: given in general.

I've read all of the novels, save for TTW (which I'm rougly caught up on via Halopedia and lurking here.)

My problem is not the expectation of reading previous fiction, but how Halo 4's plot didn't leverage it to set up a trilogy. Halo 1 had a clean ending, but you could see an invasion of Earth and a struggle over the Halos over the horizon (though hindsight is 20-20, so maybe not.) With the Didact (at least mostly) dead and the Composer destroyed, we have nothing on which to hang a sketch of the upcoming conflict, and the big possibility from the novels (Precursors) isn't alluded to in the campaign. I don't think we needed a cliff-hanger, but we shouldn't need to rely on SpOps to fill in the basic trajectory of the Reclaimer Saga.

: We'll all miss her (and, as some others have said, I hope she's actually
: gone, if only to keep that moment having a lasting impact).

Another plus to her being gone: if Cortana had any more "graphical fidelity", the game would be AO...

: They are a new studio, after all, and they are still perfecting things (if SpOps
: is any example).

Agreed. I think their heart is in the right place, and the SpOps cutscenes (As I have no internet, I can't actually play the episodes) keep looking better.

: lol

To be clear, as a non-MP person, loadouts don't bother me at all. Nor do I have any opinion on CoD - the last non-Halo game I beat was KOTOR II. It just seemed too good to pass up.

Message Index

Replies:

Yet more Halo 4 thoughts *SP* *long* *IMG*Arithmomaniac 11/25/12 12:09 a.m.
     Re: Yet more Halo 4 thoughts *SP* *long* *IMG*Lurono 11/25/12 2:31 a.m.
           Re: Yet more Halo 4 thoughts *SP* *long* *IMG*uberfoop 11/25/12 3:25 a.m.
                 Re: Yet more Halo 4 thoughts *SP* *long* *IMG*Arithmomaniac 11/25/12 2:37 p.m.
                       Re: Yet more Halo 4 thoughts *SP* *long* *IMG*uberfoop 11/25/12 6:15 p.m.
                 Re: Yet more Halo 4 thoughts *SP* *long* *IMG*Lurono 11/25/12 4:22 p.m.
           Re: Yet more Halo 4 thoughts *SP* *long* *IMG*Urban Reflex 11/25/12 3:45 a.m.
           Re: Yet more Halo 4 thoughts *SP* *long* *IMG*Leisandir 11/25/12 8:43 a.m.
                 Re: Yet more Halo 4 thoughts *SP* *long* *IMG*Sl'askia 11/25/12 12:26 p.m.
                 Re: Yet more Halo 4 thoughts *SP* *long* *IMG*Lurono 11/25/12 4:38 p.m.
           Re: Yet more Halo 4 thoughts *SP* *long* *IMG*Arithmomaniac 11/25/12 2:34 p.m.
                 Re: Yet more Halo 4 thoughts *SP* *long* *IMG*Lurono 11/25/12 4:48 p.m.
     Re: Yet more Halo 4 thoughts *SP* *long* *IMG*Ragashingo 11/25/12 9:18 a.m.
           Re: Yet more Halo 4 thoughts *SP* *long* *IMG*DHalo 11/25/12 10:12 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.