Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

The cloud is a future I'm excited for!
Posted By: serpx <god.of.design@gmail.com>Date: 10/31/12 4:27 p.m.

In Response To: Re: You thought War Games took place on a ship... (XXLChicken)

I learned about the cloud idea first when that OnLive service was introduced. It took me a while to understand it, but now it's affecting me, and helping me, daily. The "cloud" is nothing but a computer server, or multiple computer servers, from my understanding.

Eventually all my books will be on the "cloud." eBooks will definitely be replacing real books for me in my future. Never again will I need to bring books to class -- all I need is a computer, such as an iPad, and bam, I can just bring up the book. Or if I don't have my ipad, and I'm at a public computer, boom, my book is still accessible.

I also rarely use thumbdrives now -- all my files are hosted on drop box / emails. So, anywhere in the world, I can just bring them up. It's so splendid. A future I'm definitely excited for.

Message Index

Replies:

You thought War Games took place on a ship...Arithmomaniac 10/31/12 1:38 p.m.
     Re: You thought War Games took place on a ship...XXLChicken 10/31/12 1:48 p.m.
           Re: You thought War Games took place on a ship...JDQuackers 10/31/12 2:30 p.m.
           Re: You thought War Games took place on a ship...stabbim 10/31/12 2:55 p.m.
           Re: You thought War Games took place on a ship...Jironimo 10/31/12 3:11 p.m.
                 Re: You thought War Games took place on a ship...Jironimo 10/31/12 3:13 p.m.
           The cloud is a future I'm excited for!serpx 10/31/12 4:27 p.m.
     Re: You thought War Games took place on a ship...Ragashingo 10/31/12 2:47 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.