Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Having trouble with the new 'Proofs' and log i
Posted By: PyroSporker16 <PyroSporker16@comcast.net>Date: 10/28/12 1:17 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Having trouble with the new 'Proofs' and log i (gamerguy2002)

: I know its not the best advice in the world, but tried customer support yet?
: they were pretty worthless in my situation but it sounds like yours can
: probably be solved.

: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

: Best method is just going and requesting for a call early in the morning. get
: it done and they should call you back real quick.

: Give it and shot and if nothing comes of it at least you said you tried.
: sorry bro if I can't be more of a help.

: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

: Overall I'm looking back on some of the achievements I got and mainly the 1
: question that came to mind was "How the HELL am I going to get that
: now?!" The vidmasters, the nearly impossible as hell achievements,
: and not just the Halo ones there are Achievements in other games that were
: just as hard. Guess I'll just focus on Halo 4 first and go backwards.

Since this thread got bumped to the top (for a different reason but whatever)
I thought I would take a second and provide a pointless update, on the random chance that someone else has this or a similar problem and doesn't know what to do.

I contacted support online through the live chat feature on the xbox webpage. Besides the wait, It was really quite a pleasant experience compared to most service calls via the telephone (usually they are less than enjoyable). Waiting was not so bad though since I was online anyway, you know? The person answering my question was very nice and knowledgeable. While he/she couldn't provide specific help to my situation he/she was able to run through basic troubleshooting which I should have already done but didn't think of.

They had me clear the cache (doesn't delete anything important). It didn't fix it.

So then they had me re-download my gamertag profile. Important - don't move or delete or replace the profile, simply download it again and it will download over top of it without ruining anything.

This restored my profile and I was able to fully sign in again.
Should have thought of this, but never did. Glad Xbox has the chat feature as it saved some frustration. The person chatting with me was funny, I think the script was instructing him/her to act like a 'bro'. I chided him/her for the annoying use of the word Epic (it is one of my recent pet peeves) It garnered a funny response.

Message Index

Replies:

Just an idiot Halo fan venting his problems.gamerguy2002 10/6/12 8:25 p.m.
     sorry :/iForge 10/6/12 9:09 p.m.
     Ouch *NM*Apollo 10/6/12 10:15 p.m.
     Having trouble with the new 'Proofs' and log inPyroSporker16 10/7/12 2:18 a.m.
           Re: Having trouble with the new 'Proofs' and log igamerguy2002 10/7/12 4:55 a.m.
                 Hey guys.gamerguy2002 10/7/12 10:09 p.m.
                       Re: Hey guys.uberfoop 10/7/12 10:11 p.m.
                             Re: Hey guys.gamerguy2002 10/7/12 10:13 p.m.
                                   Re: Hey guys.uberfoop 10/7/12 10:17 p.m.
                                         Re: Hey guys.gamerguy2002 10/7/12 10:18 p.m.
                                               Re: Hey guys.gamerguy2002 10/7/12 10:50 p.m.
                                                     Hey guys.gamerguy2002 10/27/12 9:40 p.m.
                                                           Re: Hey guys.Mr Daax 10/27/12 9:56 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Hey guys.gamerguy2002 10/27/12 10:13 p.m.
                                                                       ;)Mr Daax 10/28/12 2:21 a.m.
                 Re: Having trouble with the new 'Proofs' and log iPyroSporker16 10/28/12 1:17 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.