Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Having trouble with the new 'Proofs' and log in
Posted By: PyroSporker16 <PyroSporker16@comcast.net>Date: 10/7/12 2:18 a.m.

In Response To: Just an idiot Halo fan venting his problems. (gamerguy2002)

Sorry to hear about your HDD troubles. Sounds very frustrating. :(
Hard Disk Drives are pretty volatile. It would almost make sense to move towards Flash memory as it is a little less fragile. Online storage may be a good solution for some people, however I will not go for it.

I've been having my own issues, but not wanting to create a thread I'll piggy back on yours.
Microsoft has set up a new "Proofs" security measure for Live log ins. Thus far I have been able to back out of these prompts on the Xbox with the B button or the guide button and still log in. Thursday evening I was prompted with the Proofs screen but no way to dodge around them anymore. I grumbled for an hour while searching the net for a workaround and eventually got mad and set up a proof with a secondary email address. I was able to log in after that after retrieving the security code from my email address. I played Borderlands 2 for a few hours with a friend and then quit by powering off the console with the guide button. Now for the past 2 days I can't get into my account on my Xbox. It is asking for a proof again and when I try to provide it the info I've already given it, it leads to a error screen. Error 80151103. My account will seemingly log in, but won't connect up to the full Live service (says I'm signed in but wont's display friends list or show new content or that I'm connected fully).

I can access my account through the computer easily, with no proofs required - which in my opinion nullifies their whole attempt at adding extra security to the live log in process. This whole Proofs program is total crap. I've resisted it and for good reason, and finally gave in under pressure. Now it seems like I've bricked my Live account access through my Xbox or something.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Message Index

Replies:

Just an idiot Halo fan venting his problems.gamerguy2002 10/6/12 8:25 p.m.
     sorry :/iForge 10/6/12 9:09 p.m.
     Ouch *NM*Apollo 10/6/12 10:15 p.m.
     Having trouble with the new 'Proofs' and log inPyroSporker16 10/7/12 2:18 a.m.
           Re: Having trouble with the new 'Proofs' and log igamerguy2002 10/7/12 4:55 a.m.
                 Hey guys.gamerguy2002 10/7/12 10:09 p.m.
                       Re: Hey guys.uberfoop 10/7/12 10:11 p.m.
                             Re: Hey guys.gamerguy2002 10/7/12 10:13 p.m.
                                   Re: Hey guys.uberfoop 10/7/12 10:17 p.m.
                                         Re: Hey guys.gamerguy2002 10/7/12 10:18 p.m.
                                               Re: Hey guys.gamerguy2002 10/7/12 10:50 p.m.
                                                     Hey guys.gamerguy2002 10/27/12 9:40 p.m.
                                                           Re: Hey guys.Mr Daax 10/27/12 9:56 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Hey guys.gamerguy2002 10/27/12 10:13 p.m.
                                                                       ;)Mr Daax 10/28/12 2:21 a.m.
                 Re: Having trouble with the new 'Proofs' and log iPyroSporker16 10/28/12 1:17 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.