Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Que scarab
Posted By: Metalingus627 <mtracy627@yahoo.com>Date: 6/15/12 10:44 p.m.

In Response To: Arbiter (Seraph XXVII)

;)

At any rate, I'm starting to doubt we'll see the Arbiter. As much as I loved his character, 343 really seems to be focusing on the Chief and his new enemies in this trilogy. As such, the Covenant are just ancillary generic "practice" enemies. Hell, the Chief's translator somehow broke (or Cortana got lazy) and the Elites no longer speak English anymore. This simple fact speaks volumes to how the Elites will likely be treated this go around. Another point is that Waypoint's brief "story so far" on the Halo 4 website contains nothing about the Arbiter and his forces, despite how instrumental they were in the ending of the war.

In point of fact, Glasslands heavily lead me to believe that the Arbiter would die "off-screen" as it were in its' sequel. His assassination and the hostile takeover of the Servants of Abiding Truth would explain why the enemy Elites have a "huge fleet" by the time of Halo 4.

Yeah, I'm kind of bitter about the whole situation. This is probably my only reservation about the direction of the Halo story. Halo 2 introduced me to my favorite video game character ever, and I really hate to think that he's not going to get his due in the fiction. I hope to be proven wrong.

Message Index

Replies:

ArbiterSeraph XXVII 6/15/12 7:30 p.m.
     Were it so easy...davidfuchs 6/15/12 7:59 p.m.
           Re: Were it so easy...PerseusSpartacus 6/15/12 8:56 p.m.
                 Re: Were it so easy...Seraph XXVII 6/15/12 9:57 p.m.
     I just have one recurring questionpadraig08 6/15/12 9:38 p.m.
           Re: I just have one recurring questionSeraph XXVII 6/15/12 9:56 p.m.
                 Re: I just have one recurring questionStephen L. (SoundEffect) 6/15/12 9:57 p.m.
     Que scarabMetalingus627 6/15/12 10:44 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.