Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Little things I haven't seen in other threads
Posted By: Hawki <hawkesaj@bigpond.net.au>Date: 6/4/12 5:53 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Little things I haven't seen in other threads (SIX min WHISTLE)

: That mech looks a lot more Metal Gear-y with that radar thing and dem legs.

: The jungle and enemy designs really reminded me of Metroid Prime, especially
: with that heat vision. Makes sense with that designer being on board.

Actually reminded of the jungle level in 'Halo 3' myself. Then again, haven't played much of 'Metroid Prime'-I prefer the 2D 'Metroid' games myself (and 'Other M'...yes, I do like that game, thank you very much ^_^).

That being said, I CAN accept change. So in regards to the the stuff raised:

:Banshees: Moot point. The Covenant certainly can't be expected to be more advanced than they were post-Schism, so they're entitled to use whatever design they wish.

-Falcons: Indicative of the Army being present? Maybe. Otherwise, I'd prefer Hornets. Nothing against Falcons themselves, but they're distinctly retro, and kind of at odds with the higher tech seen IMO.

-Mech: Don't really have an issue with it. If it was during the original games, yes, I would feel it's out of place. But the general feeling I've got is that the UNSC is meant to come off as more advanced here, and the mech adds to this feeling. And no, I don't follow Orwell in regards to mechs, at least in sci-fi/space fantasy of the future. They're impractical now, but people once said the same about tanks, so if people want bi-pedal mechs in their story, go for it.

-There'll be some kind of explanation for the interface I think, but either way, I like it, especially the Cortana/Del Rio visages that appear. Nice touch IMO.

-Overall, like the look of it. My main concern up until now is that 'Halo 4' would be a repeat of 'Combat Evolved.' And while comparisons can still be drawn, I think that, going by the demo at least, it still manages to have a different feeling to it. The Promethean tech isn't the Flood, it's got a feeling of its own.

Message Index

Replies:

Little things I haven't seen in other threadsPhoenix_9286 6/4/12 3:42 p.m.
     Re: Little things I haven't seen in other threadsQuirel 6/4/12 3:49 p.m.
           Re: Little things I haven't seen in other threadsGrimBrother One 6/4/12 3:54 p.m.
                 exactly *NM*kidtsunami 6/4/12 6:00 p.m.
           Re: Little things I haven't seen in other threadsPhoenix_9286 6/4/12 3:55 p.m.
           Re: Little things I haven't seen in other threadsGravemind 6/4/12 4:15 p.m.
                 Don't.Quirel 6/4/12 4:21 p.m.
                       Re: Don't.General Vagueness 6/4/12 8:46 p.m.
     WOW! That Mech Is Hung Like A Horse!SEspider 6/4/12 4:07 p.m.
           So that's where all the codpieces went.bluerunner 6/4/12 4:10 p.m.
                 Seriously, what is it for?bluerunner 6/4/12 4:15 p.m.
           Kind of what I'd expect from the engineers.Quirel 6/4/12 4:16 p.m.
                 Re: Kind of what I'd expect from the engineers.tadboz 6/4/12 7:42 p.m.
                       Re: Kind of what I'd expect from the engineers.Quirel 6/4/12 11:14 p.m.
                             Re: Kind of what I'd expect from the engineers.tadboz 6/5/12 10:11 p.m.
           It would seem Jehuty has finally met her match *NM*SonGoharotto 6/4/12 10:33 p.m.
     Re: Little things I haven't seen in other threadsSIX min WHISTLE 6/4/12 4:15 p.m.
           Re: Little things I haven't seen in other threadsHawki 6/4/12 5:53 p.m.
                 Re: Little things I haven't seen in other threadsSIX min WHISTLE 6/4/12 6:39 p.m.
                 Re: Little things I haven't seen in other threadsGeneral Vagueness 6/4/12 8:58 p.m.
                       Re: Little things I haven't seen in other threadsHawki 6/4/12 11:08 p.m.
                             T3 - T2 comparison isn't fair to anything. *NM*SIX min WHISTLE 6/4/12 11:14 p.m.
                                   Re: T3 - T2 comparison isn't fair to anything.Hawki 6/4/12 11:24 p.m.
                 Nitpicks and disagreements.Quirel 6/5/12 2:55 a.m.
                       Re: Nitpicks and disagreements.Hawki 6/5/12 4:36 a.m.
                             Re: Nitpicks and disagreements.Quirel 6/5/12 8:55 a.m.
                                   Re: Nitpicks and disagreements.Hawki 6/5/12 5:50 p.m.
                                         Re: Nitpicks and disagreements.Quirel 6/7/12 1:23 a.m.
     Multi-sided Battles Confirmed.Bones 6/4/12 8:16 p.m.
           Re: Multi-sided Battles Confirmed.Deafhawk36 6/4/12 11:31 p.m.
                 yeah, seriously, where? i want to see awesomeness *NM*kidtsunami 6/4/12 11:36 p.m.
                       Eh, doesn't matter entirelyAvateur 6/4/12 11:48 p.m.
                       Here you go buddy...Chris101b 6/4/12 11:55 p.m.
                             ah cool, thanks, so awesome *NM*kidtsunami 6/5/12 12:17 a.m.
     Mech reminds me ofMator 6/4/12 9:20 p.m.
           Re: Mech reminds me ofMator 6/4/12 9:22 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.