Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Wide effect neural disruption weapon.
Posted By: scarabDate: 3/3/12 8:52 a.m.

In Response To: Anatomy of a Halo... (GrimBrother One)

What is neural disruption?

Is this neural disruption a side effect of physically blowing everything up? (neurons being members of the set of everything)

Or is it limited to killing targeted cells within your brain?

If its the later then how did neural disruption free the prisoner? How does it cause the effects that we saw in the Origins video?

If its the former then why use the word neural at all?

The Halo Origins video makes the effect look like it imparts a force on the Flood mass: so its like an explosion. The origins video also states that the Array destroys the Flood and its food.

Bungie never got its story straight, was never consistent about how the Array works. looks like 343i can do no better.

I've been in meetings where everybody held a contradictory or opposing opinion but everybody said that they were in total agreement.

For example:

1) one person would say, "We haven't the resources to work on everything to the same degree. We need to concentrate. It's the only way we can maintain quality where it matters.".

2) another person would say, "I agree. We need to concentrate on everything. That's the only way to maintain quality."

3) a third would say, "Yes we need to maintain quality and that's what matters."

so everybody (except me) would be in agreement but it wasn't clear on what they were all agreeing to. (And nobody liked having that pointed out to them.)

Maybe 343i has had many meetings on this subject and maybe everyone is in agreement. They all agree on what the Arrays do and how they work. ;-)

Joking aside I suspect that everybody at 343i is committed to consistency but also feels free to say whatever enters their head at any given moment. They don't see a conflict.

Message Index

Replies:

Anatomy of a Halo...GrimBrother One 3/3/12 7:31 a.m.
     Re: Anatomy of a Halo...pete_the_duck 3/3/12 7:44 a.m.
     Wide effect neural disruption weapon.scarab 3/3/12 8:52 a.m.
           Re: Wide effect neural disruption weapon.Quirel 3/3/12 10:40 a.m.
                 Re: Wide effect neural disruption weapon.scarab 3/3/12 10:57 a.m.
     Internet version ad free?rhubarb 3/4/12 2:10 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.